Mental Health Olanzepine experiences...

Grusinskaya

Greenlighter
My partner was switched to 10mg daily of olanzepine a good few months ago (for symptoms of schizophrenia but his diagnosis was reviewed by the psychiatrist and drug-induced psychosis raised as possibility) . It has done nothing positive for him apart from helping with sleep, making a lot of his symptoms such as hearing voices, paranoia etc worse.... He hasn't taken anything in the way of stimulants since start of April saving a short period of trying modafinil which concluded in him sticking firmly to tea and coffee. I don't like what this drug has done to him... He is also taking amisulpride with procyclidine to help (somewhat) the akathisia, a combination he took for many years with few problems. He decided to stop the olanzepine the other day (I tried to reason that he should taper after researching a little but he's a stubborn bugger) and as he sees his psychiatrist Tuesday I am keeping very close eye til then. By many accounts olanzepine seems pretty nasty, other people's experience of it would be welcome...

I'm on olanzapine 20mg daily and it does everything it's suppose to for me without any side effects (except for some initial weight gain and sedation which wore off pretty quick). It's the best antipsychotic I've been on for me

Last edited: