• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Okay to add on 30mg Hyromorph-Contin to low dose of Methadone? Potentiation?

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Dosed the last of my Methadone this morning, not even a full dose (closer to 20ml, maybe, give or take).

Was planning to wait til tonight to rail 30mg of Hydromorph-Contin, but thought I might do it sooner (naturally).

Is it safe to take? I have opioid tolerance, so no issue there. Also, I don't take methadone every day, it has been at least a day or 2 since my last dose.

I heard low doses of Methadone can potentiate other opiates when added on to it, is that true? What's up, y'all?

Much love to everyone out there.

Last edited:
If you take methadone daily (edit: just saw you said two days since last dose... Idk, what dose of methadone you been on?), I really doubt there's any adverse risks to adding in some hydromorphone. But 30mg is a shit ton is it not? 8mg being the highest dosed pills? Correct me if I'm wrong.

IME adding opioids to opioids is pointless, they barely add to each other.

Yeah, these Hydro-C's are 30mg, with the little balls inside 'em. I dont know, is that a lot? First few times I had them, half of one would be sufficient for the whole day and long into the night.

Of course, now my tolerance is up and I rail 2 in a day (when I have them, that is). I don't have anything of what I get consistently, it's all sporadic based on what's available at the moment. Oxy has been the most consistent, but I prefer Hydromorph-Contin tbh.