• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! okay so, i'd want to try out microdosing shrooms but im on olanzapine 5-10mg

issaoldboi

Bluelighter
i been on olanzapine for about two years now, within the 5-10mg daily dose, i finally have a contact who has shrooms regurarly, i want to try out microdosing.
I know for sure that olanzapine blocks the actual tripping process but, im thinking would it "block" any of the benefits that microdosing provides ? Like as in hinder theyr effect?
My headcanon logic tells me the microdosing should still work but I'd love to hear from more wise minds who might know about this specific issue ?
any and all help welcome please and thank you

oh and im also on SSRI's such as sertraline, and 5mg diazepam daily but i know all about how benzos and psyches combine etc

Dont always take somebody online saying "it blocks tripping" seriously - try it for yourself and find out

Everyone is different i'd say. Ive been on anti-psychotics since 2010 mostly for my mystery disorder and experimented many times with mixing. I have a dissocicative or psychotic disorder. Maybe a lil bit of each. Stems back from childhood trauma at the very least. I notice that the hallucinogenic effects of mushrooms are dissipated by medications. The euphoric effects may still be there. The good feeling. But probably you will have no visuals on meds. But you can feel the vibes of them shrooms. I'd say you should microdose. I'm actually interested in starting microdoses my self at this point in year 2023, I'm just trying to get some shrooms soon. But i think microdosing might give you some of what you need from shrooms.

Ive had a horrible mushroom trip on ablify injection in 2014 i took 5 grams dried on ablify, drank a few beers, then at the end of the trip i drank coffee and it FDDDDDDDDDDDDDD my brain up for yearsss. I only got cured by a miracle naltrexone it somehow healed me in combo with other drugs. But i was abusing them and they taught me a lesson. Now im ready to do them safely in microdoses again. YAY

There are certainly benefits psychedelics can bring without actual trip. I don’t agree with assumption that actual trip is basically a side-effect but don’t think either that developing substances that have similar effects on the brain like psychedelics without causing actual psychedelic effects is pointless. As many people aren’t really into tripping either cuz they are afraid, don’t want to take any mind-altering substances, previously had bad experience or for whatever reason could benefit from such substances a lot. So even if significant part of effects is blocked there are cases where person still can benefit be it on neurological level or be it antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects possibly in part also caused by effects that do occur. It’s a field where surface is hardly scratched but for now, those who really need stuff like olanzapine if they want to dabble into psychedelics without professional supervision are probably wiser to stay on the meds and still explore them than both stopping meds and taking such mind-altering substances. Sure there are situations where person might be able to stop such meds by help of psychedelics but that approach when reasonably benefits might outweigh risks are usually when person gets those meds for off-label use. In case antypsihotics help a person with mental problems they are intended to be used than stopping them to trip usually isn’t wisest idea and is a lot riskier than potential interactions and beside weaker effects and possibly short term negative experience there shouldn’t be much danger. It’s better not to play with novel and unresearched stuff as something with MAOI effects, lot of effects on serotonin release and other potentially unexpected and unintended mechanism of a new drug could make for a dangerous combo. In case of psylocibin really bad outcome in combo with 1.. and 2. generation of antipsychotics is more concern in a sense of taking psychedelic with certain illness than with any pharmacological danger.

I would start quitting the meds first. Just get a decent doctor to guide you. Those drugs should be taken for short crises peridos, not for years on end. I was 3 years on it. Talking by the experience.

Quitting them and start taking psydecelics, which are pretty much the opposity kickstarted the best period of my life. Those previous 3 years were hellish by the way

Sure, I dont know your case, but generally speaking those meds are between the worst susbtances one can take and the sooner you quit it, the sooner you start to live again. Bonus point: you will lost all those extra kilos that keep you still more depressed and powerless when you look at the mirror

I would start quitting the meds first. Just get a decent doctor to guide you. Those drugs should be taken for short crises peridos, not for years on end. I was 3 years on it. Talking by the experience.

Quitting them and start taking psydecelics, which are pretty much the opposity kickstarted the best period of my life. Those previous 3 years were hellish by the way

Sure, I dont know your case, but generally speaking those meds are between the worst susbtances one can take and the sooner you quit it, the sooner you start to live again. Bonus point: you will lost all those extra kilos that keep you still more depressed and powerless when you look at the mirror
yeah i been thinking about quitting them but im unsure.... since im afraid of possible psychotic episodes coming back but, they were almost always triggered by certain psychoactive substances so, if thats out of the picture it might be fine to be without them, but ive yet to be brave enough to try. and for some reason ive been able to start losing the extra kilos that i got in a 2 year period... now in 5months ive lost almost 10kg thank god but yeah, they do be a tad zombifying

There are certainly benefits psychedelics can bring without actual trip. I don’t agree with assumption that actual trip is basically a side-effect but don’t think either that developing substances that have similar effects on the brain like psychedelics without causing actual psychedelic effects is pointless. As many people aren’t really into tripping either cuz they are afraid, don’t want to take any mind-altering substances, previously had bad experience or for whatever reason could benefit from such substances a lot. So even if significant part of effects is blocked there are cases where person still can benefit be it on neurological level or be it antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects possibly in part also caused by effects that do occur. It’s a field where surface is hardly scratched but for now, those who really need stuff like olanzapine if they want to dabble into psychedelics without professional supervision are probably wiser to stay on the meds and still explore them than both stopping meds and taking such mind-altering substances. Sure there are situations where person might be able to stop such meds by help of psychedelics but that approach when reasonably benefits might outweigh risks are usually when person gets those meds for off-label use. In case antypsihotics help a person with mental problems they are intended to be used than stopping them to trip usually isn’t wisest idea and is a lot riskier than potential interactions and beside weaker effects and possibly short term negative experience there shouldn’t be much danger. It’s better not to play with novel and unresearched stuff as something with MAOI effects, lot of effects on serotonin release and other potentially unexpected and unintended mechanism of a new drug could make for a dangerous combo. In case of psylocibin really bad outcome in combo with 1.. and 2. generation of antipsychotics is more concern in a sense of taking psychedelic with certain illness than with any pharmacological danger.
for now i been trying out the microdosing with my medications intact, still i've felt improvements into decrease of anxiety and stress, also im on ashwagandha for two weeks now too, thats helping along the shrooms im guessing