• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Okay guys, long taper/short taper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosta

Greenlighter
Okay, so I've just recently went back on suboxone since it's covered in Canada now (YES). I started off with 2 days of PW hell, feeling better and the last time I attempted to taper I failed clearly and went back to my DOC. I want to keep my taper short this time, I started off at 8mgs, went to 4mgs now I've just jumped down to 2 after only a couple days of being on 4. I know it's probably going to suck, but I've got a pretty solid plan. Btw, I was IVing 400mgs of morph a day.

I know a lot of people, including doctors preffer long term maintenance, but I was only wired for like 8 months. My life isn't completely shot down to hell and I don't need the time to fix myself so to speak. So, you bupe users? How did you do your taper?

Also, did anyone use Kratom for the end? I'm thinking about getting a bit for when I jump off, just to help take the edge off after I go 3 days without the subs. I think it's a pretty good idea, has anyone tried this? I'm open to all stories and suggestions.

I would perform as long a taper as you feel comfortable doing. What was your DOC?

I don't feel 100% right now, but I figure we have to pay back our debt somehow, and a bit of pains/aches is worth it so I don't have to be dependant on bupe.

The longer your taper and the more gradual you titrate your doses down...the smoother and more painless your detox will be. So I would draw it out a bit, drop your dose in small increments, and then hop off somewhere around .25mg's and see how you feel. You haven't been on it for very long..so it shouldn't be too bad for you when you hop off. Nothing a few OTC meds can't take care of.

The longer your taper and the more gradual you titrate your doses down...the smoother and more painless your detox will be. So I would draw it out a bit, drop your dose in small increments, and then hop off somewhere around .25mg's and see how you feel. You haven't been on it for very long..so it shouldn't be too bad for you when you hop off. Nothing a few OTC meds can't take care of.

That's what I was pretty much thinking. I'm thinking of using Kratom to help but I'm a bit wary of the idea. Is there anyone who documented a successful departure from subs using kratom?

That's what I was pretty much thinking. I'm thinking of using Kratom to help but I'm a bit wary of the idea. Is there anyone who documented a successful departure from subs using kratom?[/QUOT

Yes! Use kratom. It helps.

Closing this since its an old thread. If OP returns and wants to update this just shoot me a PM and I'll reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.