View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Okay for first timer after a breakup

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
So girlfriend broke up with me and ive been sad that we shared such a deep intimacy and its all of a sudden gone. I might feel heartbroken sometimes its difficult to know what I felt, I just know it hurts

Her and I done empathogons together. Futhermore, she was interested in tripping with me. been studying miprocin at least a couple months now, and tripping in general. Moreover, its been a week and I have been thinking about her a lot and such, Is it okay to do a first time trip soon, like if get chance next weekend or coming up next couple weekends or next month- just whenever ?

(was thinking miprocin as first time, no more than 15 mgs)

I would say that's not a good mindset to be entering a trip with. I would wait a month or two before tripping especially if you have never tripped before.

yes i agree if there is still some raw hurt there it very well could make those feelings a lot worse.. I know its always been said but time is the answer and then maybe the psychedelic headspace will help you to look back and smile ok maybe not smile but it will be better i hope

I third the sentiment. If your sadness about the breakup colors your trip, it will not be a good experience. Better to wait until later.

Yeah it seems too soon, this leaves you very vulnerable for depression to get amplified. Though once you go into a phase where you are still hurting but also ready in a way, to let go... then tripping can be therapeutic, it should not hurry the process but it does catalyze it, making it more clear that you can feel pain for the past, but also be nostalgic about it and feel that you do have a future ahead of you, and this can be reconciled.

It's a tricky thing, and experienced trippers and/or emotionally intuitive people may have a considerably better handle on the process, that is why it would be unwise to do this now - wait, and when you do start tripping for the first time, make sure you feel good motivations and keep the dose low initially.

set/setting are the most important part of the trip. Even moreso than dose, up until a certain point. Don't learn that the hard way.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys so much. I ll wait then- I was going to trip soon because of boredom, and decided I know what is best for me, and not ask, buit then I said, theres so much that so many people have experience , are better than me at certain stuff etc.....I guess I need to spend time with friends, and do my best to move on, Thank you all. God bless you

im in a bit of a rush currently , ill read the answers more carefully when I get time

Okay, got the chance to sit down and read the responses. Thank you everyone

Solipsis you're answer is most insightful, Thank you

set/setting are the most important part of the trip. Even more-so than dose, up until a certain point. Don't learn that the hard way.

what exactly do you mean?

Haven't done miprocin yet (have some on the way tho :)), but personally I like tripping during certain crossroads in my life. I have tripped through many tough times and often it has helped me to re-evaluate my situation and deal with the impermanence of life.

Good vibes to you either way!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_and_setting

Even a lower dose can feel a lot more intense if you're in a bad mindset.

Thank you for the link.

Haven't done miprocin yet (have some on the way tho :)), but personally I like tripping during certain crossroads in my life. I have tripped through many tough times and often it has helped me to re-evaluate my situation and deal with the impermanence of life.

Good vibes to you either way!

Thanks for this, I like to hear every perspective