• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oil Defuser

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

My next appointment I am going to ask for my dose to be raised but for now I am making 40mg Oxycodone stretch for unmanageable pain. I become suicidal 2 or 3 times a week once sleep deprivation in excess of 36 hours kicks in. My Temazepam and Clonazepam manage my PTSD and anxiety well but the pain keeps me awake.

A military buddy told me he got an essential oil diffuser and swears that it has helped him sleep. Not really asking if it will potentiate my dose as I know the answer is no but I would love input from fellow chronic pain patients and insomniacs as to which oils and diffusers work, and if so an explanation of how exactly. Thanks in advance

Hey Future,

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I’m right there with you.
I ran myself low on my MS Contin this month also. I feel like hell.
Thought I would co miserate with you. Lol!

I use an essential oil diffuser and I love it.
Ylang, ylang oil is a good one for sleep. It has a hypnotic effect. Really relaxing.
I used that along with some sleepy time tea last night and managed to sleep until 5:00 am this morning.
Peppermint oil really helps me with the chronic pain.
Eucalyptus oil helps for the nose clogging/ congestion stuff.
Myrrh oil is apparently an opioid to some degree. It always helps me a lot when in withdrawal.
(I rub the Myrrh oil on my temples for headache too)

Epsom salt bath soaks help the muscle aches a lot. I like the Dr. Teals pink Himalayan bath soak with orange oil and bergamot oil.
The two of those mixed together smells like pink grapefruit oil to me and I love that smell. Gives me some energy.

Sending you a hug. Hang in there.
❤️