• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Official F&T Greatest Film of All-Time! FINAL ROUND

Which is the best?

• Total voters
I have not decided, this is tough. There are 3 on the list that are my favorite. :)

as far as horror goes - the Shining should be on this list

sure, as a Stephen King fanboy I'm a bit butt hurt at the blatant re-writing (literally the script does the opposite of the book at times, purposefully) - but it's a good film

I know Akira is anime, and I'm not a huge anime, but gotta throw that one in there

but what I know? my personal fave of all-time is Dawn of the Dead

sure, as a Stephen King fanboy

You looking forward to the (maybe, eventually) Dark Tower movies?? Last I heard, Russel Crowe is going to play Roland, and they are doing tv shows and movies. I can't fucking wait. They were my favorite books as a teen. I wish King did more fantasy sci fi like those were.

Considering the other movies on the list, sure. Why not? It's easily one of the most influential horror films ever made, and a fine piece of art in its own right - the many clever practical effects and its slower, creeping, psychological style has allowed the film to age remarkably well. Besides The Shining (and maybe a couple other personal favorites) I can't think of a better representative for the horror genre. I'd say it's at least as deserving a spot on the list as Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, and Schindler's List which, in my opinion, are some of the most overrated films of all time. But, you know - opinions, assholes, etc. One person's trash is another's treasure.

Also, I think calling the list "prestigious" is a bit of an overstatement, dontcha think? ;)

Yeah you make a good point especially in regards to ones trash is another's treasure. I've encountered exactly this countless times as a witness of part of it.

& lol yeah I guess not prestigious but I mean if it's the Top 10 of ALL of the hundreds of thousands of films out there then this list should have to have some pretty damn good films on it right.

But out of these hundreds of thousands of movies out there. Out of all of them... Alien is on the list if one could pick only 10 movies?!?!

And I'm currently reassured by the poll of this thread which so far, agrees that i'm not a nut job for thinking this either as of of right now Alien only has 1 vote... If it was higher - Say close to say Fight Club, The Godfather or Pulp Fiction in terms of amount of votes then I would question some people more than I already do.

Thats not to say Alien is a bad movie btw. I just don't understand how the hell it made it into the top 10 out of all movies every that's all...
...I guess like you said "One person's trash is another's treasure."

Yep, some average films made the list so voting was pretty easy: Godfather.