• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Off label codeine/tramadol prescriptions for sexual/mental health

Redcouch

Greenlighter
I have problems lasting with new girls in bed. Im talking like 10 -30 seconds. This gives me anxiety and it affects my daily life in a substantial negative way. It?s a genuine sexual and mental health issue. Im in my mid twenties and want to enjoy that facet of life but cannot.

I know that codeine (30 mg doses) consumed a little while before intercourse helps tremendously. I also googled and found research suggesting tramadol has the same affects.

I don’t abuse any drugs/alcohol. I just want to have good sex and relieve this stressor in my life.

I want to know if a doctor would prescribe me codeine or tramadol off label to help me with my issue. Again, I dont use it every time i have sex, only with new girls for the first few times.

Has anyone had experience with this and can help swim out?

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight :)
We don't use Swim here so please edit your post

It's pretty much impossible to answer your question as it comes down to your doctor, but I think it's highly unlikely that he'll prescribe tramadol or codeine for premature ejaculation. But there are other drugs you can get prescribed and depending on where you live you can buy lidocaine (don't forget to use a condom or your girlfriend won't feel anything either), this should help as well.
Have you thought about CBT given that you think that it's caused by anxiety?
And check out our subforum Sex, Love and relationship for more support https://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/51-Sex-Love-and-Relationships

10 - 30 seconds? You fuckin stud! I can only aspire to that longevity... ;)

Seriously though, perhaps your performance anxiety is caused by not having a meaningful relationship with these girls. Once you find a woman you really like and respect, this issue will undoubtedly resolve itself. Do NOT go down the road of thinking that opiates will help - especially if you want to continue enjoying sex. NOTHING kills your sex life quite like opiates...

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t tried CBT as I’ve never had much success with therapists in general.

i suppose I could try lidocaine, for the initial rendezvous.

And finishing quickly CAUSES anxiety for me (I’m not necessarily sure what causes it). Sex is a bit of a vice for me.

Welcome to Bluelight :)
We don't use Swim here so please edit your post

It's pretty much impossible to answer your question as it comes down to your doctor, but I think it's highly unlikely that he'll prescribe tramadol or codeine for premature ejaculation. But there are other drugs you can get prescribed and depending on where you live you can buy lidocaine (don't forget to use a condom or your girlfriend won't feel anything either), this should help as well.
Have you thought about CBT given that you think that it's caused by anxiety?
And check out our subforum Sex, Love and relationship for more support https://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/51-Sex-Love-and-Relationships

Wow you’re hilarious!

Sex during relationships is fine for me. However, believe it or not, when I’m not seriously dating someone, I still like getting my ass laid. And if I Fucking blow it the first time, it’s probably not gonna happen again, stud.

if I’m not mistaken, the blue light forums PROMOTE drug usage in a safe way. And that’s exactly what I’m trying to do. Except I’m not even trying to get high. A 30mg codeine tablet can’t even be felt. I’m not working my way up to fuckin heroin here. I don’t even like being stoned. I don’t listen to the dead. The craziest thing I’ve done is a hit of acid. I just wanna have decent sex.

who let you moderate this place.

I feel like ive literally tried every other trick in the book for solving this thing and nothing has done it quite like a god damn bump of codeine. I’m sick of researching and experimenting and jerking off in weird fucking ways. I’m over it.

10 - 30 seconds? You fuckin stud! I can only aspire to that longevity... ;)

Seriously though, perhaps your performance anxiety is caused by not having a meaningful relationship with these girls. Once you find a woman you really like and respect, this issue will undoubtedly resolve itself. Do NOT go down the road of thinking that opiates will help - especially if you want to continue enjoying sex. NOTHING kills your sex life quite like opiates...

Actually, a lot of people CAN feel a 30mg codeine tablet.

Furthermore, you've just proved my point by saying you find sex within relationships no problem.

But if you want to go down the route of using opiates to 'cure' premature ejaculation, then don't let me stop you - it's not like any of us know what we're talking about is it?

Last edited:
if I?m not mistaken, the blue light forums PROMOTE drug usage in a safe way. And that?s exactly what I?m trying to do. Except I?m not even trying to get high. A 30mg codeine tablet can?t even be felt. I?m not working my way up to fuckin heroin here. I don?t even like being stoned. I don?t listen to the dead. The craziest thing I?ve done is a hit of acid. I just wanna have decent sex.

I agree that FUBAR's comment making light of your medical issue was in poor taste.

The BL forums are supposed to promote "drug usage in a safe way" in the sense that you're trying to get people who already use drugs in an unsafe way to get them to use them safely instead. Not to promote drug use - whether safe or unsafe - in general. Let's face it, drugs already have a way of promoting their own use by getting people high and often being addictive ;)

Anyway... I think it is reasonable to tell people to minimize their intake of opioids, if at all possible. In the end, even "mild" opioids like codeine and tramadol should be regarded as moderately to highly addictive, and the road to addiction is a slippery slope indeed. Your brain's reward system *is* going to remember an association of opioid receptor activation and sexual pleasure.

That said... tramadol does indeed help with premature ejaculation via two modes of action: The opioid action and the serotonin reuptake inhibition. As you may have heard, SSRI's cause a decrease in libido and delayed ejaculation in many patients; if the patient is a young male, however, this side-effect can often be a boon.
Indeed, people have, for quite some time, been ingesting serotonergic antidepressants a few hours before sex as an off-label treatment option for this purpose. Dapoxetine is an SSRI that was considered unviable as an antidepressant due to its relatively short duration of action, yet it is now marketed for the treatment of premature ejaculation under the name "Priligy". If this drug is available to you, it might be a safer option than tram or codeine.

Ya know I read FUBAR comment and it sounded like he was joking not making light of your situation.....

Have you ever tried pulling out before you cum and then concentrating on pleasuring your partner for a while then going back to sex once you feel in control again?

the problem with tramadol will be that you will not be able to finish, plus you risk getting in a situation where tramadol will be used more than on the first dates, let's say like a "safety net".

when I first discovered this property of tramadol I rarely engaged in sexual acts without it. if you will find yourself in that same situation I have to warn you that when you will be off tramadol you will last even less until the body adjusts to functioning without it.

so I would say that it is better to solve the problem in other ways than chemically, believe it or not it is a psychological issue mainly not a psychical one and if you are embarrassed to see a psychotherapist you can find lots of reading material online on this issue as a lot of people go through it.

with this two substances you are not treating anything, you are just putting it on hold and ignoring it like sweeping dirt under a rug, in the end you still have to get the dirt outside.

Ya know I read FUBAR comment and it sounded like he was joking not making light of your situation.....

Have you ever tried pulling out before you cum and then concentrating on pleasuring your partner for a while then going back to sex once you feel in control again?

Thanks BITS. It was actually a rather poor attempt at self-deprecating humour rather than making light of the OP's problem. However, I do see how it could be misconstrued, so please accept my apology Redcouch.

Here's another suggestion for you though. Why not knock one out in the bathroom before getting down with your partner? Then engage in some serious foreplay until you are ready again. The previous act should have desensitised you enough to last significantly longer. But if not, it's not the end of the world. IME women are just as satisfied (if not even moreso) with a skilfull application of hands and tongue as they are with a long, hard boning.

Am I right ladies..?

Thanks for your words. I?ll look into priligy.

I agree that FUBAR's comment making light of your medical issue was in poor taste.

The BL forums are supposed to promote "drug usage in a safe way" in the sense that you're trying to get people who already use drugs in an unsafe way to get them to use them safely instead. Not to promote drug use - whether safe or unsafe - in general. Let's face it, drugs already have a way of promoting their own use by getting people high and often being addictive ;)

Anyway... I think it is reasonable to tell people to minimize their intake of opioids, if at all possible. In the end, even "mild" opioids like codeine and tramadol should be regarded as moderately to highly addictive, and the road to addiction is a slippery slope indeed. Your brain's reward system *is* going to remember an association of opioid receptor activation and sexual pleasure.

That said... tramadol does indeed help with premature ejaculation via two modes of action: The opioid action and the serotonin reuptake inhibition. As you may have heard, SSRI's cause a decrease in libido and delayed ejaculation in many patients; if the patient is a young male, however, this side-effect can often be a boon.
Indeed, people have, for quite some time, been ingesting serotonergic antidepressants a few hours before sex as an off-label treatment option for this purpose. Dapoxetine is an SSRI that was considered unviable as an antidepressant due to its relatively short duration of action, yet it is now marketed for the treatment of premature ejaculation under the name "Priligy". If this drug is available to you, it might be a safer option than tram or codeine.

Trust me man. I have literally tried everything. It’s to the point where I won’t have sex with someone without the opioid help because I know how bad it will be.

Thanks BITS. It was actually a rather poor attempt at self-deprecating humour rather than making light of the OP's problem. However, I do see how it could be misconstrued, so please accept my apology Redcouch.

Here's another suggestion for you though. Why not knock one out in the bathroom before getting down with your partner? Then engage in some serious foreplay until you are ready again. The previous act should have desensitised you enough to last significantly longer. But if not, it's not the end of the world. IME women are just as satisfied (if not even moreso) with a skilfull application of hands and tongue as they are with a long, hard boning.

Am I right ladies..?

Tried it. I wish it worked for me. And I would say that SOME women are happy with a good tounging however, I find that those women usually want more than just sex from me. I mean, if a women only ever gave me head eventually I’d tell her to kindly fuck off. Most of the time, if I’m going down on a woman and she’s getting close, she tells me to stop and start having sex with her.

the problem with tramadol will be that you will not be able to finish, plus you risk getting in a situation where tramadol will be used more than on the first dates, let's say like a "safety net".

when I first discovered this property of tramadol I rarely engaged in sexual acts without it. if you will find yourself in that same situation I have to warn you that when you will be off tramadol you will last even less until the body adjusts to functioning without it.

so I would say that it is better to solve the problem in other ways than chemically, believe it or not it is a psychological issue mainly not a psychical one and if you are embarrassed to see a psychotherapist you can find lots of reading material online on this issue as a lot of people go through it.

with this two substances you are not treating anything, you are just putting it on hold and ignoring it like sweeping dirt under a rug, in the end you still have to get the dirt outside.

I agree fully that the issue is psychological, however, I’ve tried everything to fix it and frankly I’m over wasting time and effort on it. I’ve read and read and read online. I’m not getting younger. I’m skeptical of psychotherapists, not embarrassed by them.

using drugs to fix anything is a last resort for me. In fact, I’ve never had a prescription for anything more than an antibiotic, even when I could get say, Vicodin or something.

I agree with Hodor. Get an SSRI script - which will be super easy to get, hell you can legally order them from overseae if you're in the US or UK. PM me & I can determine which one is likely to work best for you. The nice thing about SSRIs is you can use them shortly before having sex & get the same effect, usually - though I honestly think you might benefit from them all the time. I think you've developed an outright complex about this & a short time on low dose SSRIs could fix it.

Personally boning has always been my fave & I'm not satisfied without it. No orgasm - that's fine, I've spent half my adult life on meds which make orgasm impossible for me anyway. But I am wired weirdly - I don't enjoy receiving oral (it's a sensation thing) & I like manual but it's a pale shadow of intercourse. However, both men I've dated long term had PE unless we were having sex daily (my preference but there were sometimes other issues), and even then 5min was usual for them. I've experienced this with most of my shorter term partners too. It doesn't bother me at all, bc we can either bone again later (I love quickies) or I can't come anyway & am not fussed. The initial penetration has ALWAYS been my favourite part of sex, so a minute or less is actually fine bc I still get my fave part. Well, that & anticipation. What I truly hate is when a guy takes forever to come. My first BF whom I dated usually took at least 45min to come - presumably bc he was on tons of meds for bipolar, though his being 2x circumcised surely didn't help. It was awful. I jokingly call it 'longsex rape' bc that's how much I hated it. I got really bored & hello, CHAFING (doesn't help I was on the pill which exacerbates that, & he was never completely hard either) after 45min is increasingly likely. A guy who comes right after he puts it in is INFINITELY better than a guy who takes longer than 15min IMO. But every woman is unique in her preferences. I just wanted to let you know some of us don't mind PE.