• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Occasional opiate use

Mind_Games

Greenlighter
Hi, I was wondering if you guys believe using opiates occasionally is possible, like once a month or so. Is this possible without making a habit of it?

you have to be a very strong-willed person, but i've yet to meet one

Of course it's possible, in fact it's the norm (occasional rather than regular/daily use) Opiates are like any other class of drug in that the majority of people use them responsibly.

depends on your accessibility too.

i've done hydrocodone, oxycodone and a couple other weaker ones in the past.

i haven't ever really had much access to them though, so it's easier for me. i'm sure they're around but i do not trust the streets anymore for Rx drugs. i'd only take them if they came from the pharmacy and in my experiences, people close to me have given me a few of each in the past. (i can still count how many times i've done these drugs)

very addicting and i'd love to have more.. but i'm not even sure what would happen to me if i did have constant access...

i prefer to use kratom for this reason so i tend to just stay away from opies generally.

Do you consider yourself having an addictive personality? If you have a problem with other drugs chances are you will have a problem using opiates only about once a month.

Do you consider yourself having an addictive personality? If you have a problem with other drugs chances are you will have a problem using opiates only about once a month.
I do not believe I do, the only drug I use frequently is weed. But both my parents had addiction problems. (Not opiates though)

It is possible. I use opiates about once a fortnight and have done it for years. You just have to remember how bad the consequences of getting addicted are e.g. having to go through opiate withdrawal.

It is possible. I use opiates about once a fortnight and have done it for years. You just have to remember how bad the consequences of getting addicted are e.g. having to go through opiate withdrawal.
In most cases..
That's the hardest part. As time goes by.. So does the memory of the extreme pain of withdrawal. It's shit, but it's true. As the days, weeks, months pass by, we begin to forget the horrific withdrawal symptoms.

I'm guilty of it... I can go a few months and be in a relatively good place. Yet, I still find myself romantisizing about that great warm blanket hug that Opiates provide (However short lived I know it will last!) I call it my protective emotional shield.
ket hug

it's probably impossible.

you don't see it coming which is the problem.

the opie haze will have you deceiving yourself.

i've done this and my DOC is kratom.

currently trying to go back to once per week rather than 4 times.

Hi, I was wondering if you guys believe using opiates occasionally is possible, like once a month or so. Is this possible without making a habit of it?

I guess it's possible in the sense that some people manage.

But far many more fail.

Depends on the opiate and yourself really but like a lot of people have said most people aren't that strong willed,
codeine, DHC, poppy tea sure, you could keep yourself at bay with moderation imo

but if your smoking heroin or doing fentanyl, oxy the more powerful ones will makes your tolerance sky high soon enough,

If you enjoy just being fucked up in general regardless of what the effects are then you will most likely get addicted to opiates

if you prefer stimulants then you might not like them but why take the chance

It could be possible.. If the person has the willpower to not use.. That's the key.. The drug itself will not destroy a person until the person gives into it .. I dunno that's sorta my philosophy on that.. I've been using opiates recreationally for about 6 years and I've found that "occasional" use is pretty much bullshit if you're not mentally prepped & ready to focus and not use more than a few times a month..

OP, you say that you smoke weed frequently. How often have you taken opiates? For me, the compulsion to use any drug increases the more its available. If they're there, I will find a reason to use every day. It's a slippery slope.

OP, you say that you smoke weed frequently. How often have you taken opiates? For me, the compulsion to use any drug increases the more its available. If they're there, I will find a reason to use every day. It's a slippery slope.
I was prescribed Percocet after I got my wisdom teeth taken out a month ago, haven't had any since then though.

It is definitely possible to only use occasionally, but the urges become hard to control at times and you may find yourself asking random friends of your's if they know of anything and if you get a steady dealer, it's game over from there. However, if you can be strong-willed enough to view it as a treat once in a while rather than something you get every day, I believe you can do it. Trust me, I have very limited access as of right now too.