• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Obtaining a kit in store?

Phayzed

Greenlighter
Are there any stores in the US that sell test kits for ecstasy pills/tablets in person?
Mail is too risky for me.

Last edited:
One used for testing Ecstasy pills.
Terribly sorry for being vague.

I do not know of any stores in the US that carry testing kits.

All testing kits from EZ Test and DanceSafe are sent in plain, discreet packaging.

Oh well.
I suppose it was worth a try.
Are there other testing methods besides consumption?
Im very sorry for the amount of questions I ask.
I just try to be as safe as possible while taking the risks I do.

Never be sorry for asking questions. :)

I know of no other testing methods besides reagents. :( That doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm sure phase_dancer could help you with that question much better than I.

If you are worried about your privacy when ordering a testing kit, why not rent a private mail box or PO box for a short time?

Other than having expensive equipment on hand, there are few methods that can be used to indicate the presence of different drugs in a sample (pill or powder). As RavenousBlonde indicated, spot test reagents are really the only form of testing that's suitable for most consumers.

Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) is another technique that can be employed, although the procedures are more involved and require a selection of solvents and a bit of basic equipment.

Despite the additional time involved, TLC has one big advantage over using reagents alone. Performed correctly, the process results in the seperation of mixtures of drugs, the identities of which can often be indicated by applying the reagent/s in spray form.

Do you have to be 18 to rent out a Po box and can you send payment for the kit in cash?

I am not sure about age requirements on private or PO boxes, as I am sure it could vary from state to state. Call a few places and ask. :) I know DanceSafe will allow for cash/money order purchases, but I am not sure about EZ Test accepting cash since they are located overseas.

Phayzed said:
Do you have to be 18 to rent out a Po box and can you send payment for the kit in cash?

a PO box is not descrete by any means. you have to have a proper ID (and probally be at least 18) to rent one. and they are listed under your name and can be traced right to your adress.

but i'm fairly sure that money orders can be issued to anybody of any age. if you are REALLY concerned you can always set up a safe house (friend, relative) to send your package to.

I also think the reason why testing kits are not sold in stores (such as headshops) is because the store owner could be liable for any misuse (these are potentially dangerous chemicals), and the liability of selling it in general could be seen as "enabling" (for lack of a better word) by law enforcement. (They use the same reagents to field test with.) Plus, I am sure most headshop owners have enough attention from local LE and don't want to add to it. (At least here in the US, I cannot speak for other countries.)

well head shops can say their product is for tobbacco but with a test kit.there isnt much else it could be used for

^^^ Great Idea!!! I was about to make a new post on the subject. Other than head shops, the only other place I can think of is LEO supply companies (if you can find a local one)

Or.... Marquis...."The United States Department of Justice method for producing the reagent is the addition of 100 mL of concentrated (95–98%) sulfuric acid to 5 mL of 40% formaldehyde.[1]:12 Different compounds produce different color reactions. Also, sometimes methanol is added to slow down the reaction process to observe the change in color better. Methanol does this by slowing down the polymerisation process."

But the question still remains Can test kits be purchased in head shops?

Anybody ever seen/bought one at a store?