• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Observation about frequency of labels showing up in this forum

tryptakid

Moderator: DP&MC
Staff member
It's a rainy Saturday and I'm here, scrolling the forums and commenting a bit. I don't tend to spend as much time in this particular forum, though I have been trying to be more intentional about doing so as I would like the believe i have a lot of wisdom that could be valuable, especially to folks just dipping their toes into exploring psychoactive substances.

I just noticed something that troubles me, despite being not the unsurprising. It appears that the vast majority of labelled threads in BDD that are active or new, are about meth and heroin, bupe, cocaine, and stimulants in general. I am glad that people are posting here looking for information, but it just feels so telling about the state of things that these are the substances that are being discussed in an introductory forum.

Crazy to think about how this used to primarily be a discussion board about MDMA. It's sort of like how on drugsdata, if you filter for old tests, it's all MDMA, and then as they expanded what they'd test for, you see this transition in the mid 2010s to benzos, stims, and now it's primarily fetty.

I am not really sure what I'm looking for as a response, but just felt like it was important to share this observation. Be careful out there. You're my tribe, all of you, and I love you.

Happy Saturday 🌵🌵🌵

It took me some time to realize how drug market is very, very, very different in one aspect compared to most other markets, and that is that supply – demand interference is such that supply is shaping it a lot more than demand. Put like this it sounds obvious as drugs are addicting, but who would have thought that heroin would ever be essentially eradicated with a lot shittier but insanely more profitable alternative? Who would have thought that well educated narcophiles will in huge numbers end up dependent on insane doses of RC benzos? I really didn’t see that coming. Transformation from psychedelics focused scene toward some stimulants too than toward some dissos too and now toward benzos & opiods. And mind you, many of those people who got ruined were first into mind-expanding drugs but in this day and society mind-shrinking (and literally brain-shrinking benzos) are more zeitgeist unfortunately.

It took me some time to realize how drug market is very, very, very different in one aspect compared to most other markets, and that is that supply – demand interference is such that supply is shaping it a lot more than demand. Put like this it sounds obvious as drugs are addicting, but who would have thought that heroin would ever be essentially eradicated with a lot shittier but insanely more profitable alternative? Who would have thought that well educated narcophiles will in huge numbers end up dependent on insane doses of RC benzos? I really didn’t see that coming. Transformation from psychedelics focused scene toward some stimulants too than toward some dissos too and now toward benzos & opiods. And mind you, many of those people who got ruined were first into mind-expanding drugs but in this day and society mind-shrinking (and literally brain-shrinking benzos) are more zeitgeist unfortunately.
Oh that's was me for sure.

Started raving in the 90s, took acid or E and then would chip at the comedown with ketamine. I didn't have an awareness of benzos back then, and I wasn't interested in opioids. K wasn't too go to sleep, but it was something that cushioned the fall in a way, priming that up down cycle of drug use right off the bat.

As the years went on, k would be the longest holdout; I would stop tripping and rolling, partying more with coke or speed, booze became an option and occasionally so did oxy. Soon, I was ordering Indian Clonazepam ODTs for cents on the dollar, and using the easy profits to dabble more recklessly in the gifts of the poppy.

2004-2008 I had but one goal; obtain money to obtain heroin to administer intravenously. Started sniffing but eventually had to see what all of the fuss was about. Wasn't until finding my friend dead from an overdose and hearing the phone call being made to his parents that I knew I had to move on with life. Took years treatment and 12-step before I even started to consider returning to psychedelic use. Psychedelics have been helpful tools in processing those years of trauma and the ways that my personality was shaped by it all, the work is always ongoing for me.

I see these youngins posting about losing all of their friends from Fetty and it just breaks my fucking heart.