• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(Nyquil Cough?) scratch that, Benadryl it will be.

bookina

Bluelighter
Hello,
I am considering getting some Nyquil Cough syrup to see if that's interesting, but I can't find much about its recreational use, beside "beware the acetaminophen" and "teens do it". The syrup I am considering does not contain any, the ingredients are:

Medicinal Ingredients (in each 30 mL dose cup) (Purpose) Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30 mg (Cough suppressant) Doxylamine succinate 12.5 mg (Antihistamine)

Nonmedicinal Ingredients Alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavour, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate

Two questions:
1) anything else I should be wary of?
2) will it actually do anything "interesting"? I am not able to get anything beside OTC drugs, so my options are pretty limited, I am quite aware that this is unlikely to be the best experience of my life :p

Thank you

Just don't.
If you are after a robo-trip then look for stuff with only DXM.
Unless, you are after a nice snooz. Then i personally would only take the recommend dose.

Thank you for your reply. I can't say I know a lot on the topic or what to look for in terms of results. I guess I will see if I can find anything with only DXM. I guess my main question is: is it safe, is there anything I should not do or take with it? I live alone, so I just want to be extra-safe.
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ds
Doxylamine can cause janky heart stuff at high doses (anticholinergics remove the body's method of slowing down the heart with acetylcholine release), but it seems to lack the sodium channel blockade of diphenhydramine. (also was a study measuring adverse cardiac events from various antihistamines and doxylamine did perform quite a bit better than diphenhydramine).

Expect more delerium, and stronger after effects. Shouldn't be as sour as the 300 mg dxm and 300 mg dph combo that was erowid popular a while ago.

I would keep the dose limited by the amount of doxylamine tho, definately don't exceed 300mg.

Thank you for your reply, it is very helpful.
In the end, I got something different from the pharmacy (Benadryl equivalent) because it was not available.
I am aware it will in all likelihood be unpleasant.
Thanks for your help anyway :)

Last edited: