NYE SOUTH BEACH!!!

tigger

Bluelighter
Hey Guys!!!
So after all the plans for Eternity 5 in Albany, at the last minute I got in the car with my friends and drove down to South Beach for the Moby show at Crobar. It was PHAAAAAAT!!! You gotta hear this story... We get down to the beach, and our friends down there were supposed to have hooked us up, but they weren't able to. So now were faced with dropping the $150 cover for the show. Inititially, my friends were like, "That is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!"... Anyway, I'm like there is no way I fucking DROVE to Miami so I could hang-out at a house party. So Friday night gets here, and we STILL don't know what we're doing. We get to the club at like 11:45, and Jess and I are like "Listen, we might be on Dirk's list but we don't really know..." So the guy looks and were not on the list. so he's like "Why don't you guys just come on in..." It was PHAT!!! So then we get inside and we're talking to this woman by the bar, and hen our drinks come she's like, "There on the house..." I'm like "Huh?". She's like "I'm the VIP Manager for the club... Why don't you guys head upstairs and get a table..." We're like PHAAAAAAATTT!!! It was unbelievable!!! We were like 1500 miles from home, and this club was treating us like it was our regular spot... They were very very cool... For anyone down in Miami, Dirk and the peeps at Crobar are the bomb!!! I just wanted to share this whole experiance with you guys, because it was just so cool of these people to treat us like that. Thanks South Beach for an amazing NYE!!!
Plur
Tig

How is crobar tigger? I havent been there yet, I was in NYC for NYE, but Im going back to Miami on Sunday. Im tired of liquid, and want to try a new place? How was the Music People etc...Glad you had a great time...SoBe can be fun as hell.
plur
soulwatcher

Hey,
I laughed when I read your post because I live in NYC. I guess people just didn't want to stay home! Crobar was alright... The whole night was a trip. After the Moby show, they spun progressive house. They also had some HH going in the VIP room for a while. Neither are really my type of music. I'd have loved it had they spun a good D&B set, but hey, you can't have everything... I was really suprised by the crowd... It was very straight that night, but the crowd seemed very friendly... Up in NYC, if you put house music, straight guys, and alcohol in the same room, it's a guarenteed bummer, but that was definatly not the case at Crobar. The inside of the club looks very phat, and the sound system seemed good, although they could've probably cranked it up another notch. Anyway, a good time was had by all... Check it out!
PLUR
Tig