• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

NY wants to make it a felony to fortify your front door

Not exactly- not having read the actually bill, it's hard to know exactly how it's worded, but according to the paper

So if they can't prove that you were engaged in illegal activity, they can't charge you with felony fortification.

Ham

I haven't read the proposed legislation, but they seem to be asking for a charge that can be used against a suspect in the event that the drugs were flushed:

“They deserve strong state laws that back them up,” Brindisi said of the officers who put their lives on the line, only to see drug dealers get off with little jail time because they were able to destroy evidence.

If the proposed legislation – which is co-sponsored in the state Senate – becomes law, it would allow dealers to be prosecuted for taking steps to obstruct police who are executing a no-knock search warrant. In most of these cases, the investigations to obtain search warrants already would have detected signs of illegal activity.

So how do they prove that drugs were flushed?

I can see this being used on people with a plant, a scale and an effective series of bolts on the doors. One or a few plants are not a felony in NY state (as I recall), so this is a little scary.