• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

NY Police Officers Defy Order To Cut Marijuana Arrests.....

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
In short, New York City cops put 50,000 people behind bars last year for marijuana possession — even though the state decriminalized it in 1977 — and they refuse to stop.

Police officers in New York are “manufacturing” criminal offenses by forcing people with small amounts of marijuana to reveal their drugs, according to a survey by public defenders.

Under New York law, possession of 25g or less of marijuana [merely] brings a $100 fine. Only when the drugs are in public view are the police permitted to make an arrest for drug possession. One in three respondents said police had forced them to take the marijuana out of pockets or from under clothes and produce it into public view.

In September last year, Kelly issued an order to officers not to arrest people caught with small amounts of marijuana. But the number of those arrested increased after the order was made. In all, about 50,000 people were arrested in 2011 for marijuana possession.

Reasons police stopped people who they subsequently arrested for marijuana included “furtive movements,” “suspicious bulges,” “being in a high crime area” and “other.” Legal experts and criminal justice scholars have claimed that stop and frisks-and the drug arrests that often result from them-routinely lead to fourth amendment violations and serve as pipeline for the nation’s bloated prison system.

Read more- fuck you dirty cops
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/30/new-york-police-officers-defy-order-to-cut-marijuana-arrests/

i dont think they are every gonna stop.. what do they get out of it really, i mean they cost us all money in taxes.. but i mean do the cops smoke are they extra dirty and selling something on the side.. cuz its monthly you here about new york cops doing some super shady shit over some weed

"being in a high crime area" reminds me of that quote from Dont Be A Menace

"we got arrested for being black on a Friday night"

they just use them excuses to get you to give up your rights againist illegal search and seizure.. but then when you know your rights it pisses them off.. so your constantly in a catch 22

50,000 people arrested for possession, 50,000 people put behind bars, which is the correct one? at any rate, prison for possession of less than a z is disgusting.

Hmm, if what's been said in this thread is all true it'd be good harm reduction (in terms of lower felonies and prison populations) for NY Bluelighters to go to areas of high possession arrest and staple photo copied messages detailing the 25 g possession amount and short guidelines on how to be respectful to police without falling for tricks to reveal what's concealed (capped off with a "Tell your friends!") final message. Leaflet or poster up the whole community with a large "pot leaf icon" on the posters to attract indirect attention. You could do it extremely cheaply over a weekend.

Last edited:
Hmm, if what's been said in this thread is all true it'd be good harm reduction (in terms of lower felonies and prison populations) for NY Bluelighters to go to areas of high possession arrest and staple photo copied messages detailing the 25 g possession amount and short guidelines on how to be respectful to police without falling for tricks to reveal what's concealed (capped off with a "Tell your friends!") final message. Leaflet or poster up the whole community with a large "pot leaf icon" on the posters to attract indirect attention. You could do it extremely cheaply over a weekend.

psood0nym, that's a great idea. When I was living in the NYC area, I considered sending a "Know your rights, don't fall for the 'public display' trick, NYPD we're onto you!" letter to the editor of a bunch of little community newspapers around NYC. If I had the money, I would have taken out full page ads with this message in all the free NYC papers like Village Voice.

50,000 people arrested for possession, 50,000 people put behind bars, which is the correct one? at any rate, prison for possession of less than a z is disgusting.
Ya I got "indicated" on by a K9 cop that pulled me over because I didn't give him permission to search. Then they searched for 80 minutes and found absolutely not a trace of anything. Not a seed, stem, nothing. Hell it was my parent's car, they don't even do drugs so I know there can't have been an "odor" the for the dog to indicate.

catch 22. probably would have went smoother if I just said "sure Mr. Dickhead cop, tear my car apart, please!" then rolled over on my back for him like a submissive dog.

if they damage the car in a search, and nothing is found, do you get reimbursed?

^ I think you can, but you have to find a lawyer who wants to sue the cop(s) personally, and most lawyers won't take a case for free unless the defendant in the suit has insurance or some nice assets to take away. So unless they start cutting open leather seats and breaking shit open, 99% of the time it's just not worth the hassle :\

Fuck the police. I had a lot of weed on me but how is it far that there are scratches on the exterior of my 2010 Honda Civic from the fucking dogs?

Over fucking pot...I can't wait until weed is eventually legalized and I can be a dick about it to the cops back home that arrested me. It may be a long ways off but I don't care. They get off on the fact that they can get innocent people in trouble. Without the drug laws, most police officers would have to stop actual crime.

yea SOME cops are fucking retarded. I got pulled over once coming home from a concert, we had smoked at the show but we didn't have anything on us. He asked to search and I told him he could but to make it quick because it was late and I was getting tired. Instead he called a dog. He then proceeded to pull me out of the car and fondle my cock and balls, not even like a little, he was literally stroking the shaft at one point. Then he told his dog to sit and told me his dog indicated there was drugs in the car somewhere. I'm like you just told him to sit, what the hell are you talking about? He kept yelling at me and asking me WHERE ARE THE DRUGS? Eventually he let me go, but what a fucking ordeal. Your taxes hard at work.

Last edited:
meanwhile a child molestor or rapist is let out of prison early in order to make room for that evil pot smoker :|