• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nutmeg ideas

Vulcan

Greenlighter
This is my first post, so please forgive me if this kind of discussion isn't allowed

I'm very interested in nutmeg as a psychoactive. Many people who have taken nutmeg directly describe the experience as very unpleasant. However I believe the unpleasant effects (exhaustion, pain etc) are caused mainly by trimyristin (comprises 25% of dry nutmeg).

Trimyristin is insoluble in ethanol at low temperatures, but the psychedelic-euphorant allylbenzenes are. So I was thinking, one could soak freshly ground nutmeg in ethanol for a week or so, then filter the ethanol (containing the allylbenzenes). The ethanol could then be evaporated off, and the highly impure allylbenzenes taken directly, perhaps in a gelcap.

Perhaps the very crude allylbenzene extract could be allowed to soaked in concentrated hydrochloric acid for a week or so. This should convert the allylbenzenes to the corresponding chloro compounds, just like safrole ==> Chlorosafrole. Ammonia could then be added, which should react to form the methylenedioxyamphetamines MMDA, and TMA. This crude mix could then taken orally, in a gelcap.

What do ya reckon?

I have taken nutmeg as a teenager back in the day, and there was no day that I didn't regret it afterwards. It's not a psychedelic high, it's very vaguely like cannabis but at minimal doses. You will also need 2-3 days to recover and go back to normal. The whole experience resembles more of a derealization syndrome than anything else