Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Nutmeg Essential Oil (MMDA) [QUESTION]

RaZzoX

Greenlighter
Hey there,
Yesterday I bought some nutmeg essential oil, and I did SO MUCH research about it. I and my friend took 1 ml of the essential oil. I've tried nutmeg powder, fresh ground nuts by me and I really enjoy the 'high'. Some people are getting really high from 1 ml of the magical oil but for me nothing happened... I was really dissapointed or maybe the dosage is too low for me? Or maybe there are no active chemicals in this brand essential oil <<NO SOURCES>>? Who knows... So my question is how much oil I need to ingest to get the effects of it? I've read that people are getting OBE and they feel like they've took MDMA + LSD from 3 ml so I thought that 1ml is a good dose for a normal high... If you know how I can test if there are any active chemicals in the essential oils feel free to tell me! Tell me if you have taken nutmeg oil and how much, and the experience from it. Thanks you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutmeg oil is about 9% myristicin

1-allyl-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxybenzene.png

MYRISTICIN

which can be used to manufacture MMDA

1-(2-aminopropyl)-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxybenzene.png

MMDA (5-methoxy-MDA)

But nutmeg oil doesn't actually contain MMDA.

As for the dose, I drank 4 oz. once. Couldn't really tell you if it got me high or not, but it tastes great and makes your flatulence stink.

we have no indication (except for one sentence in pihkal, where shulgin speculates on the psychoactivity of nutmeg) that myristicin is metabolised to mmda in humans/animals. studies with similar compounds found that no such reaction takes place. but myristicin itself is now known to psychoactive, as an anticholinergic. so you're looking at effects closer to datura than to lsd/mdma (which also fits most of the reports better).