• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Numb arm after dodgy Methadone shot

hh95

Bluelighter
Okay so lastnight I was abit of a twat, I had been on the meth for a day or two and decided that a bit of heroin would be perfect to ride out the worst of the comedown as I had consumed a fair amount of ice by that point. My normal H dude was out but had some methadone instead. I bought some and honestly forgot exactly what dose/strength it was to be completely honest however me and the dealer are good mates and have done H in the past many times and he assured me that I was not going to OD off that dose and I trusted his judgement however I still split it in half just to err on the side of caution as I dont have a huge tolerance like him as he is an opioid addict, anways, The 'done was oral solution and I had only ever plugged 'done before, but lastnight we shot it up, I split it in half and diluted it with about 1ml of water coz he said it stung abit if you didn't add abit of water. It mixed up well (pretty much instantly actually), I flicked out the bubbles ofcourse and registered a tiny a fucking vein (as that was all I could really get up) in my forearm close to the inside of my elbow. I pulled back got blood and plunged away, just at the end of the shot I accidentally bent my arm a tiny bit and it dropped out the vein and the TINIEST bit missed. Got a good rush and was an enjoyable experience until it allowed me to gently drift off to sleep but not for long. Now im not an everyday IV user, but am experienced at it none the less and I also know its not recommended to shoot oral solutions however I have mates that do it every day and they are MOSTLY fine (I know one dude who had a vein collapse from shooting oral 'done). Thismorning I woke up with a numbness/pain that is very peculiar. The pain/numbness keeps moving around my forearm and into my hand and the closest pain I can relate it to is when your writing really fast and your forearm cramps up. It's not extremely painful or anything more just uncomfortable. The thing I have noticed is that it never moves closer to the heart than the injection point (if that makes sense). There is a tiny bruise and no sign of abcess or infection of any sort and all equipment used was clean and rubbing alcohol was used on injection site prior to injection. Im wandering if anyone knows what this is. I've never had this and am wandering if anyone can shed some light on what it might be and whether its worth getting checked out?
As always thank you BL,
HH95 <3

I know I would go to the hospital, but then I really love my arm :)

Isn't it kind of, you know, a bad idea to shoot up an solution designed for oral use? (e.g., shooting up cough syrup for the DXM, not that I've heard of anyone doing that.)

Besides that, though, I think I've had a similar feeling shortly after having my third or fourth blood draw (for testing) in like a week. Sort of weird tingly pain, a little bit like a cramp, a little bit like when you hit your funny bone. I think it might've just been that the nurse messed it up somehow, but it didn't last very long (maybe the rest of the day).

I am a nurse that works in an orthopaedic ward in a major hospital. I have seen people lose limbs from injecting oral methadone. Go to hospital and get it checked out. Dont shoot up methadone. Just drink it.

Consumer: how do people shoot so much liquid up? Im on 100 mgs and my clinic adds water. I cant imagine how many shots it would take to shoot the dose. I also work in the medical field are they usings 18's or 21's. Those are some big needles but the only needles i can think of with larger barrels. We use them to inject lidocaine for minors in my office but not into veins obviously! Just into site area! If they are using needles like that it's no wonder they are causing such damage!

I think the OP used the pill formulation not the liquid. His friend used the liquid

No he says the methadone was oral solution. I actually have no idea on what equipment is used to inject methadone. I have just seen the end results and its not pretty.

I did miss that.... I agree no injecting the oral liquid solutions unless it is the Aussie one that is just water and food coloring I believe vs the straight syrup with a bunch of it being stuff you can not filter and should never inject

I am in Australia. You definitely should not inject Australian methadone.

Yeah - that is bad, bad news.

thanks for that link, soulgasm.
IDUs need to understand the risk of this kind of thing - and there is no point injecting methadone.
It's simply a risk not worth taking.

I sincerely hope the OP has sought medical attention.

I am in Australia. You definitely should not inject Australian methadone.
As I said I think it was... Possibly not. I know someone posted their scripting doctor even told them the oral methadone they had was just dye and water so it was OK to inject as it was not so filled with inactive stuff like the thick syrup

Holy shit is all i have to say about those photos. Consumer- did he wait until his infection was really bad? Reminds me of the crokidil pictures. I was an IVer but will not be trying to do it with my methadone! Message received! Lol

Seriously right? How could anyone let there arm get that bad. It's obvious it didn't just develop overnight and really it looks like he was lucky not to end up getting his arm amputated. Like really he just spend each day hoping it would get better? Wouldn't the methadone clinic notice it? Really the fact that person let it get so out of hand is a special kind of stupid.

You would think it would have been painful too. I dont get how someone lets that happen.

Thanks for the replies and those photo's, Whoah... just WOW! That shits proper nasty. It ended up getting much worse and I started to worry so I took you guys advice and went to the doctor. I had never told him I was an IV user and it was a bit of a shock to him. He said he thinks it is most likely that I have damaged a nerve and most definitely would've caused some form of vein damage from the injection. So there it is kids, dont shoot 'done. Its just not worth the risk. I hope someone uses this and decides not to do it. I have missed shots before never had that much pain. I can still feel it now, 3-4 days later. It has gotten abit better but trust me.