NSFW Consenquences of addiction

Selena248

Bluelighter
Hai everyone
I was hesitant when I wrote this but I submitted this for a reason. I had written something for a recovery page to show the dark dark side. It’s things no one talks about or sees
I know it is prob disgusting to you or you’re asking yourself why I did this. Well myself being a first generation Asian American i didn’t get help or want it due to a More cultural aspect. There’s a study
Asian Americans esp first generation do have a lot of other factors that prevents them from seeking help.
this is pulled directly from an article with studies done called

Asian-Americans, Addictions, and Barriers to Treatment​

Timothy W. Fong, MD and John Tsuang, MD, MS

“There are some unique biopsychosocial aspects of addictive disorders that impact the AAPI population.”
I don’t think people would expect anyone to show this to three public and even less people would think the persons asian
But it’s time to change that perspective. Addiction is real in everyone.

This is what happened to me after 20 years of eating disorder and 14 years of basically all drug abuse
I hope it’s ok I post the link to it since I rather not insert every pic. But this is reality guys

Last edited:
Hey and welcome to TDS. I read your NMI post. ED are a very powerful and I think the success rate for treatment is less then addiction.

low hanging fruit right off the bat do you take a quality multivitamin daily? If not I would consider this tomorrow. Very easy , very effective.

As you have brought up your race, your family and the situation your facing in this and in your NMI post you should consider seeking support from people who know what your facing. This can be found in different places.. through exspierenced professional psychologists, self help groups that meet regularly and or virtual resources like Bl. I would look into what’s available and try all of them out to see what works to reduce your struggle and increase your standerd of living.

If your still actively vomiting then consider researching a gargle that’s basic to counteract the stomach acid until your treatment plan is developed and working.

Often when actively using or abusing drugs we can shy away from pampering our self’s. The largest organ we have is our skin... get yourself some nice body wash and skin lotion. You deserve that good treatment and it’s an easy effective way to treat the minor skin issues and is more important it’s an easy way to begin to love, respect and treat yourself right again.

Hey and welcome to TDS. I read your NMI post. ED are a very powerful and I think the success rate for treatment is less then addiction.

low hanging fruit right off the bat do you take a quality multivitamin daily? If not I would consider this tomorrow. Very easy , very effective.

As you have brought up your race, your family and the situation your facing in this and in your NMI post you should consider seeking support from people who know what your facing. This can be found in different places.. through exspierenced professional psychologists, self help groups that meet regularly and or virtual resources like Bl. I would look into what’s available and try all of them out to see what works to reduce your struggle and increase your standerd of living.

If your still actively vomiting then consider researching a gargle that’s basic to counteract the stomach acid until your treatment plan is developed and working.

Often when actively using or abusing drugs we can shy away from pampering our self’s. The largest organ we have is our skin... get yourself some nice body wash and skin lotion. You deserve that good treatment and it’s an easy effective way to treat the minor skin issues and is more important it’s an easy way to begin to love, respect and treat yourself right again.
Ty so much for your reply. I do have a bunch of supplements etc and it’s never too late to heal. But I did want to show others the reality of what could happen.
Asian Americans esp first generation do have a lot of other factors that prevents them from seeking help.
this is pulled directly from an article with studies done called

Asian-Americans, Addictions, and Barriers to Treatment​

Timothy W. Fong, MD and John Tsuang, MD, MS

“There are some unique biopsychosocial aspects of addictive disorders that impact the AAPI population.”
I don’t think people would expect anyone to show this to three public and even less people would think the persons asian
But it’s time to change that perspective. Addiction is real in everyone.
as you said there are many ways to help heal. But I hid it so well and so long for my own reasons. I have seen so many people of the Asian heritage even worse off than me. But they’re too ashamed to get help. I hope by stepping out like this it helps others.

Shame is one of addictions double edged daggers. The reason it’s double edged is that the addiction often causes behavior we are ashamed of and then the shame generated promotes the addiction. It’s a self feeding storm.

lose the guilt and shame.. as it won’t benefit you our aid in your battle.

One definition of shame is a
A painful feeling of distress or humiliation caused by the consciences of wrong of foolish behavior.

Not looking for and finding the right help and guidance around the struggles we face in life is very foolish and wrong for us on so many levels.

Everyone falls and strong, intelligent people look for knowledgeable, wise, strong people to help guide them through difficulties.

Last edited:
Shame is one of addictions double edged daggers. The reason it’s double edged is that the addiction often causes behavior we are ashamed of and then the shame generated promotes the addiction. It’s a self feeding storm.

lose the guilt and shame.. as it won’t benefit you our aid in your battle.

One definition of shame is a
A painful feeling of distress or humiliation due to the distress or humiliation caused by the consciences of wrong of foolish behavior.

Not looking for and finding the right help and guidance around the struggles we face in life is very foolish and wrong for us on so many levels.

Everyone falls and strong, intelligent people look for knowledgeable, wise, strong people to help guide them through difficulties.
Tell me about it lol. Unfortunately with the Asian race shame is stronger than any other feeling. I actually decided to start helping myself recently. I hm actually I got a sponsor! I know a lot of people prob think 12 steps etc is a crock of shit. But I did research it a lot and I also realized This is actually what I need. You know I’ve always felt so alone because although I know I’m not I don’t have that I guess err I don’t want to sound corny but spiritual strength or feeling more in tune. It’s been a very long time and I really need to get help.
I know my parents will never accept it. But I’m doing it for me :)

Well said... “I’m doing this for me”.

There is a bunch of spiritually and healing in the 12 steps. Draw from every source you can..Marcus Aurelius are also Buddha are some great people to include in your recovery

Well said... “I’m doing this for me”.

There is a bunch of spiritually and healing in the 12 steps. Draw from every source you can..Marcus Aurelius are also Buddha are some great people to include in your recovery
You know I didn’t realize I said that til you quoted it. Ty