• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Now the meth

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hello fellow lighters after a torrid 7 months I have finally stopped benzos(diazepam) my taper was pretty painless so anyone who is trying to do this please do 2mg per month pending on what benzo your tapering ,i done 20 to 4 and my doctor stopped me at 4 and says thats that I was scared but just got on with it and luckily 4 to 0 so far has not bothered me. Now its methadone taper time im on 40 mls been going to 20 feeling horrendous I went up to 50 have since went back to 40 so again it has to be 5ml a month as 2ml would take forever also gotta watch my love of benzos coming back ,as 25 yrs mainly on them is a long time glad av not tried rc benzos as I know id love them ok guys any questions feel fre.e to ask

I'm not surprised you struggled with halving your meth dose, especially within a week of finishing with the benzos! You might not think you're feeling too bad, but dropping 4mg diaz after a solid habit is bound to effect your mood and make opioid withdrawal symptoms seem worse.

5ml per month with the meth should be much more achievable, wish you all the best !

Thanks for the benzo taper advice, looking to get off now, been on 11 months, last month switched from xanax to klonopin....

@ OP, we have a benzodiazepine and a opioid withdrawal megathread, maybe you want to post your experiences there ? :)

And btw, I unapproved 1ohtrixs post