• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Now that PA has legalized medical how long will it take for a dispencary to come

It has a lot to do with how each city decides it feels about it to be honest. It is still dependent upon the city to approve or deny mmj status for dispensaries in CA. Seems like all our bigger cities(SD, LA, Sac, SF, Oakland, SJ) as well as many surrounding areas have the most, then following that, the surrounding areas often times will allow as well. Seems like a lot of it has to do with how risky investors and business owners view it to be opening shop to the public. Are they going to spend a ton of money building out a store and acquiring a customer base to only be told by the city they can't be there, or even worse, raided by feds at gun point and all assets seized?

These are some of the questions I'd imagine a dispensary owner would have to ask himself/herself. As well as a million other questions, I'm sure, but those seem important to me.

And often times city politcians aren't as afraid to be seen as liberal or pro-pot even, so I would guess the city would be the first place you would see one, also cities are often afraid of being behind the times if anything. More money and business opportunity in a city as well.

I've read it will take about 2 years for the state to be set up. Only 50 shops for the entire state. I'm sure Philly will have a couple. But expect to go through a lot of shit to get a card. PA may have gone medical, but it's very very strict.

:eek: I only WISH that Mississippi would "go medical". I am going to lose my colon if something (besides big pharma) doesn't give...soon. It's a crying fucking shame that CBD:THC oil/tinctures is illegal.

Oh how I dream of a "tasting tour" through CO before I am forced to hit the exit of "life". I came close (not to CO) this past weekend, writhing in pain...but simply can't just leave my hubby (34 years) and my Dalmatian.

I've read it will take about 2 years for the state to be set up. Only 50 shops for the entire state. I'm sure Philly will have a couple. But expect to go through a lot of shit to get a card. PA may have gone medical, but it's very very strict.

Yes it will be like NJ and very strict. It's not like in CA, NM, or other states where if you want a med card you can easily get one given to you by doctors that will see you as a patient and give you one if you ask them for it.

https://www.mpp.org/states/pennsylvania/

mpp.org said:
SB 3 would allow patients with qualifying conditions to use and safely access medical cannabis with their physicians’ recommendations. As amended by the House, it would allow up to 25 Department of Health-licensed growers and processors to produce medical cannabis, which could be dispensed by up to 50 dispensaries, each of which could have up to three locations. The qualifying conditions include cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, seizures, autism, sickle cell anemia, and intractable pain if conventional therapies or opiates are contraindicated or ineffective. More details here: https://www.mpp.org/states/pennsylvania/summary-sb-3-amended-house/

DixiChick-Don't give up. I'm sorry you're in a lot of pain.