Recruitment Now accepting applications for Blog moderators

Blogs has potential as a vibrant arena where diverse voices explore personal experiences and further connect us. We invite you to apply as a moderator of Blogs, wielding your knowledge to curate a space where that connection blossoms. Let your voice join ours in this vital conversation – step forward and shape the future of Bluelight.

It's a long-time coming.

Please message @Mysterier, @arrall, @VerbalTruist, or @mal3volent to apply.

News Working GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Thanks,
Admin Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter what my political views are lol…I feel like I don’t get a response because my political views are unpopular on both sides

Edit: I realize after discussing it further that it’s more likely my PM just fell thru the cracks. And also, I decided now isn’t the best time for me to help out. Thanks everyone for being patient as clarification was reached.

Last edited:
Does it matter what my political views are lol…I feel like I don’t get a response because my political views are unpopular on both sides
Newsflash: No one likes furries and no one likes anyone that has been to Epstein island and therefore nobody like anyone who is an Epstein Island Visiter and a Furry.

Also, @Mel22 come back to your post please.

Blogs has potential as a vibrant arena where diverse voices explore personal experiences and further connect us. We invite you to apply as a moderator of Blogs, wielding your knowledge to curate a space where that connection blossoms. Let your voice join ours in this vital conversation – step forward and shape the future of Bluelight.

It's a long-time coming.

Thanks,
Admin Team
I applied! Please give me job. I want job. Sorry English not my first language it's my second. First is Español then French

It's a long-time coming.

Thanks,
Admin Team
I’d love to apply!!

Oops idk if you're a man or woman. Or whatever else is an option lol
Haha I’m a man. No doubt about that. Funny how there’s crickets tho when we mention we get rejected because we aren’t umm of the sane political opinions which is crazy as long as one is respectful of others views.

Truthfully, I think politics should t be allowed on bluelight. It just turns into a bitchfest at anyone that disagrees.

To be honest I have been thinking about giving up on bluelight. Just isn’t the same place it used to be. But I have a few friends here so I still stay but honestly idk if that’s enough anymore. It’s just bs that you can’t have different opinions

It’s just bs that you can’t have different opinions
I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about. BL mods/admins have the entire gamut of political opinions. If anything, the forums lean slightly to the right in favor of free speech.

Nobody would EVER be declined to mod because of their political opinions. Being accepted as a mod is almost entirely about your character, trustworthiness, and dedication to harm reduction.

BL is one of the last true bastions of free speech on the internet. We allow anyone of any opinions or lifestyle to participate.

I’d love to apply!!
you should :)

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about. BL mods/admins have the entire gamut of political opinions. If anything, the forums lean slightly to the right in favor of free speech.

Nobody would EVER be declined to mod because of their political opinions. Being accepted as a mod is almost entirely about your character, trustworthiness, and dedication to harm reduction.

BL is one of the last true bastions of free speech on the internet. We allow anyone of any opinions or lifestyle to participate.

you should :)
So my character and tristiworthness are to blame

What in the fuck

Like you know me kinda and what exactly character wise is it about me? I don’t want to be a mod at all these days. Just the principle is fucked up. Judging my character. Please show me what is my character? Please. That kinda pissed me off. I’m not going to lie.

Edit: I misunderstood and I apologize for that.

Last edited:

What in the fuck

Like you know me kinda and what exactly character wise is it about me? I don’t want to be a mod at all these days. Just the principle is fucked up. Judging my character. Please show me what is my character? Please. That kinda pissed me off. I’m not going to lie.
I'll PM you man. I think you're misinterpreting what I said. It's not like that<3

Haha I’m a man. No doubt about that. Funny how there’s crickets tho when we mention we get rejected because we aren’t umm of the sane political opinions which is crazy as long as one is respectful of others views.

Truthfully, I think politics should t be allowed on bluelight. It just turns into a bitchfest at anyone that disagrees.

To be honest I have been thinking about giving up on bluelight. Just isn’t the same place it used to be. But I have a few friends here so I still stay but honestly idk if that’s enough anymore. It’s just bs that you can’t have different opinions

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Did you send an application to an administrator or sr. moderator?

I applied! Please give me job. I want job. Sorry English not my first language it's my second. First is Español then French

I’d love to apply!!

The first step is, of course, spending some time reading and responding to blog posts. The thing is that in its current state, most blog posts go ignored without any interaction. We also want to foster community in that space because it allows connection relating to matters inside and outside the drug-related spheres on a more personal level.

It's a long-time coming.

Thanks,
Admin Team
It would certainly be a honor to be a moderator for what I consider the best, though somewhat unknown gem, of a harm reduction site in existence, and one in which I consistently find more valuable and accurate HR information than others; and finally, a great team of mods and brilliant minds.

With all that said, can I ask what the difference between a “moderator/mod” and “staff member” is? I notice next to your handles some say “moderator” and some say “staff member.” Just curious! Thank you!

can I ask what the difference between a “moderator/mod” and “staff member” is? I notice next to your handles some say “moderator” and some say “staff member.” Just curious! Thank you!
I may be slightly incorrect, but there is no real meaningful difference. It is interchangable for the most part.

On the forums and the discord, there is a difference between regular mod and senior mod, but it is small. Senior mods have slightly more duties and oversight, are more trusted with the badge.

But I think anyone who volunteers for BL would be more or less considered staff, but not all staff actively moderate.

I also highly encourage you to apply.

Last edited:

What in the fuck

Edit: I misunderstood and I apologize for that.

As a mod, I would imagine it would suit you well to deescalate situations instead of getting all up in arms. Juice man chill, you are finding insults when there aren't any. He was simply stating how they pick mods. No hate man, just wanted to point that out.

As a mod, I would imagine it would suit you well to deescalate situations instead of getting all up in arms. Juice man chill, you are finding insults when there aren't any. He was simply stating how they pick mods. No hate man, just wanted to point that out.
I realized that and thought I noted that I was in error in another comment. I’m not a mod and while I would like to help I withdrawed my application.

Still your point stands. I was hurt because I thought we were tighter than that. Wouldn’t bother me if it weren’t that so much. And no he clarified in a DM and it’s all good. He’s a great dude. I just misunderstood

Blogs is the one area you can pretty much have any opinion you want and not have it challenged. Just turn off replys.