• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Novel stimulant 4-EFMC (4-Fluoroethylmethcathinone)

roi

Bluelighter
1-%5B4-(2-fluoroethyl)phenyl%5D-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one.png

Last edited:
I'm betting that it's NOT that structure. There will be a terminal -CH2F as the beta carbon. MOAI activity, DANGER!

This is the molecule that's displayed on the site I'm using... a bit different, to say the least.
4-EFMC.png

This is the molecule that's displayed on the site I'm using... a bit different, to say the least.
4-EFMC.png

The structure flying-potato posted would be the correct one for 4-FluoroEthylMethCathinone ("4-FEMC").

The ones you and roi posted would both be correct for 4-FluoroEthylCathinone ("4-FEC"). Since cathinones with primary amines tend to be less stable than those with secondary amines ("methcathinones", i.e. the ones with the N-Methyl, i.e. the ones with the extra "-CH3" hanging off the "N"), and Mephedrone (4-MMC) is generally considered a far more euphoric substance than Normephedrone (4-MC), it would seem highly unlikely that anyone would try selling 4-FEC instead of 4-FEMC.

tl,dr: Flying potato is probably right.
Also, given how 4-EthylMethCathinone turned out to be a disappointment, I still wouldn't have high hopes for 4-FluoroEthylMethCathinone.

Last edited:
Oh wow, either they fucked up both structure and IUPAC name or they actually made 4-fluoroethylcathinone. The name ("MC") suggests otherwise though. Who knows.

The structure flying-potato posted would be the correct one for 4-FluoroEthylMethCathinone ("4-FEMC").

The ones you and roi posted would both be correct for 4-FluoroEthylCathinone ("4-FEC"). Since cathinones with primary amines tend to be less stable than those with secondary amines ("methcathinones", i.e. the ones with the N-Methyl, i.e. the ones with the extra "-CH3" hanging off the "N"), and Mephedrone (4-MMC) is generally considered a far more euphoric substance than Normephedrone (4-MC), it would seem highly unlikely that anyone would try selling 4-FEC instead of 4-FEMC.

tl,dr: Flying potato is probably right.
Also, given how 4-EthylMethCathinone turned out to be a disappointment, I still wouldn't have high hopes for 4-FluoroEthylMethCathinone.

so the only difference between my molecule and flying potato's is that there's an N-Methyl group hanging off the amine? Correct me if I'm wrong - I've only just taken an interest in chemistry. Does -CH3 always indicate a methyl group?

Couple more questions just to put a few pieces into place that I've been wondering. You or anyone can answer...

-what's the difference between the NH and the -NH2? are they both amines? is the NH2 what constitutes secondary amine, or did you say that 4-FEMC has a 'secondary amine' because there's another methyl group hanging off of the amine, or the -NH, in his mole

-is the bent line that leads up to the -NH and the -NH2 the ethyl chain?

Last edited:
so the only difference between my molecule and flying potato's is that there's an N-Methyl group hanging off the amine? Correct me if I'm wrong - I've only just taken an interest in chemistry. Does -CH3 always indicate a methyl group?

Yup, -CH3 is a methyl group, if you make the chain longer you generally don't refer to the methyl group seperately (i.e. -CH2-CH3 is an ethyl group, and it'd be weird to try and look at the terminating -CH3 and call it a "methyl group" at that point.

Couple more questions just to put a few pieces into place that I've been wondering. You or anyone can answer...

-what's the difference between the NH and the -NH2? are they both amines? is the NH2 what constitutes secondary amine, or did you say that 4-FEMC has a 'secondary amine' because there's another methyl group hanging off of the amine, or the -NH, in his mole

-NH-and -NH2 are both amines. The -NH2 is a primary amine, as it only has one bond to a non-hydrogen atom. -NH- is a secondary amine, and a nitrogen bonded to three carbon atoms (or double bonded to one and single bonded to another!) would be a tertiary amine. The different in how nitrogen's lone pair of electrons "handles" these different bonding situations gives these different types of amines slightly different effects when interacting with other molecules etc etc.

"4-FEMC has a 'secondary amine' because there's another methyl group hanging off of the amine, or the -NH" <<<<<<< correct

-is the bent line that leads up to the -NH and the -NH2 the ethyl chain?

The "ethyl" in this chemical name is referring to the two carbon chain between the 4-position on the benzene ring and the fluorine.

Random aside: There is another very important ethyl group that has just been obfusated by shorthand. 4-EFMC is a cathinone, which is a beta-keto-amphetamine, amphetamine itself is a shortening of "AlphaMethylPHenEThylAMINE". Dropping off that "alpha-methyl", that leaves "phenethylamine', where they ethyl specifies the 2-carbon chain linking the benzene ring and the amine.

Sorry about the necro-post on what ultimately seems to be a really unimpressive piece of post-mephedrone shovelware. At least it had a full chemical name?

It sounds more like poison-ware to me. Fluoroethyl?? what the fuck sort of lows are they prepared to sink to. Even numbered carbon chains with a terminal fluorine can end up as fluoroacetate, a cumulatively damaging and well nigh untreatable mitochondrial poison. Essentially starves the cells of energy by..well think of it as a vandal coming across your metabolism and sticking some superglue in the lock of your citrate cycle, turning off ATP production. Without ATP, you die. And in the case of this stuff it isn't even quick and nasty, like cyanide or azide, its slow and extremely nasty. Think dying slowly, convulsing and screaming, and if you survive, it's likely with brain damage, damage to the heart, reproductive organs and lungs. If that crap HAD to go into something bipedal and mammalian, it should be a cop. That way we'd know if it kills them slowly and horribly, or cumulatively fucks them diagonally with rusty razorwire until they end up as vegetation and a waste of a life support machine, although on the bright side for them, at least they don't HAVE either a heart, a brain or genitalia so the damage would be limited to the lungs and every other cell type in their filthy little trottered bodies.

Things like this make me want to take a sock full of frozen shit, and use it to beat a random chinese grey-market chemist to death. And probably feed them their own horrid little creation here. Damn, that is UGLY!.

Fluoroacetate poisoning is pretty much untreatable, and its easily on a par with some military nerve agents, only with a lot more suffering involved before the poor cunt gets to die. It has been used as the pesticide '1080', although this pisses a lot of people off because the corpses of poisoned animals still contain fluoroacetate and as a result, scavengers eat the bodies and then suffer awfully and die as well, and so does anything unlucky enough to get it second-, third- hand etc. etc.