• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Novel drugs for countering opioid tolerance

Iboga greatly lowers tolerance to opioids. To fully interrupt hardcore withdrawals, you need a full on flood dose but you can use lower doses to reduce opioid tolerance. Iboga is expensive though, the cheapest way I know of is NMDA antagonists. Look into finding proglumide online, its not too expensive either.

Iboga is what Ibogaine comes from, right? As in the stuff they use to "cure" opiates addicts at those clinics outside the United States by stabilizing them on 100mg of IV morphine, pulling them off it, then administering a dose of Ibogaine so they trip balls? A girl who had the treatment done came to speak at one of the rehabs I went to... She said she tried relapsing, but she couldn't get high anymore. Basically, it permanently shuts down your mu-opiate receptors from what I understood.

Basically, it permanently shuts down your mu-opiate receptors from what I understood.

That's a bit of an exaggeration; it definitely resets something in the tolerance regulation circuits of your brain, but it doesn't disable receptors permanently. A large portion of it may just be a negative psychological association with opioids, but who knows, I'm just speculating.

Iboga is what Ibogaine comes from, right? As in the stuff they use to "cure" opiates addicts at those clinics outside the United States by stabilizing them on 100mg of IV morphine, pulling them off it, then administering a dose of Ibogaine so they trip balls? A girl who had the treatment done came to speak at one of the rehabs I went to... She said she tried relapsing, but she couldn't get high anymore. Basically, it permanently shuts down your mu-opiate receptors from what I understood.

Having researched this extensively for personal use very recently I can confirm that this is not the common experience or reported results. Most indicate alleviation of withdrawals and addiction when used for the most common purpose of addiction treatment in the form of a flood dose.

What is less commonly known is that it can be used in micro doses, for example 50mg to 150mg of Ibogaine a day or ever second day, which does not cause any mental effects like with the flood dose but has shown to result in significant management and reduction of tolerance, opiates and most other drugs. Of course this is not confirmed fact, but is indicated across the majority of a large amount of unconfirmed experience reports.

I expect my delivery tomorrow and will be testing this microdosing concept often referred to as dirty maintenance for the benefits to opiate tolerance. I plan to submit a report afterwards.

Some of the older information on this substance also referred to the mechanism being the destruction or blocking of the opiate receptors resulting in addiction benefits being related to the effects of these drugs being blocked.

The majority of the recent research and reports however reject this idea as inaccurate and the perception now is that some form of receptor reset takes place. For example influencing the specific mechanisms that are influenced by the addiction to move back towards the original state before the drug use took place, which would obviously result in reduction in tolerance, cravings, withdawals etc.

Of course this idea could be completely inaccurate technically and likely is however it is a creative way to explain results that seem to be experienced by the majority of users.

It is still a dangerous and powerful drug so of course always be careful and do your own research and risk analysis.

I'd have to agee. I don't have the data, but the knowledge I do possess and gut feeling tells me, speculatively as well, it's nothing permanent. Most likely physical interruption for time long enough to kick. Thus, leading to subsequent positive psych that would follow defeating the 'devil's flower'......And we all know how powerful the mind can be. For yin and the yang...AdNeuro

I've consumed 2g of quercetin daily for maybe 7 years now; in the past 3-4 years I've been a daily user of opiates for severe chronic pain, and it has no effect on my tolerance. Quercetin is a great supplement but I can't see how it would reduce or prevent opiate tolerance.

I can also attest that the NMDA antagonist flurpirtine @ 400mg/day is ineffective at reducing/preventing tolerance. Literature says it potentiates but not for me.