View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nothings better then your first time

spacetimed

Greenlighter
Ive heard multiple times from people saying the first time you take acid is the craziest trip out of them all since you dont know what to expect. After tripping for 8 times now I can notice I dont see things as much as I used to. I trip once a month or so so I know my tolerance is fine but is there a psychological part of tripping that makes you not trip as hard over time since you know what to expect or is there a somewhat permanent tolerance that still lingers? I remember seeing everything in my vision bubbling/oozing my first time but I have never been able to see anything like that again. Am I just chasing the dragon?

There nothing like the first... But under dosing can be a disappointment. 250 ug to 300 ug is where it becomes unforgettable... But there is a risk... If you have a family history of mental illness it could trigger early onset...It (dose not cause mental illness) If your generally a happy well centered uninhibited type you'll most likely have a great time.. and will always be chasing after this experience... The key is knowing your dose and if it truly is LSD...

My 4th time doing acid was the first REALLY strong, intense experience (had good times before that but not amazing), the trip that made me really fall in love with LSD (I'd had very intense shroom trips before this though), there's definitely something about my first really intense shroom & LSD trips that was really special, the newness of it all I guess...I guess it's because after that you're somewhat used to it, it's not as shocking.

But I've been taking psychedelics for like 3 years since those experiences & I'm still just as in love with the experience as ever, it's actually much more useful now (and has been for a while) than it was back then, I know how to harness psychedelic experiences now, I appreciate them in a different way, more thoughtful & aware, more balanced & less obsessive.

As well I had many experiences more out of this world & insane than any of the earlier ones, even the strongest of those. The astonishment of the early experiences, the freshness of the more recreational effects, euphoria, body high, visuals, just had a particular intensity & sense of awe, back then I never could have imagined experiencing such amazing things, now I've experienced them over 100 times.

I always take high doses & have for a long time, as well, lower doses really only were mind-blowing when I was newer to tripping...this doesn't mean I go all out every time I trip, but I always take fairly strong doses. Many people have lower sensitivities to psychedelic drugs, though, I am a hardhead, & as well I tend to get pretty heavily into anything I like, going deep with psychedelics just comes naturally to me, works well for me.

Last edited: