Hopeless nothing helps anymore

greenlight204

Bluelighter
I dont really know what to do anymore

I am so bummed for having to be taking medication

I dont even know or believe if I have a diagnosis

All I know is I can't keep doing this and I'm sick of antipsychotics I'm sick of life being dependent on drugs

If you had type-1 diabetes and were insulin dependent would you feel the same?

Type-1 diabetics have malfunctioning pancreases.

You needing medication to remedy an issue with your brain is the same thing.

You can PM me. I have a chronic debilitating disease that causes progressive deterioration of the central nervous system. There is no cure, treatment just delays things. My life expectancy is 10-15 years less than average, supposedly.

You will find a medication that works.
I hear you and I get it I just still can't get myself to agree.
Why me? Literally, why, what did I do? I was a perfect kid, got straight A's, great friends and support system, blooming career. I let myself go and now I'm a fucking worthless POS nobody wants to hire. ALL AP's I've tried (10) have given me side effects that force me to go off of them. I've completely given up hope. Maybe I'm misdiagnosed? Maybe I'm treating the wrong thing? All my psychiatrists meet and listen to me for 20 minutes until they give me something that I have to fuck with for months before seeing if it works well. At this point I think the medications have broken my brain. I'm so sick of life. Taking my zyprexa makes me feel like I'm fucked up on some drug and I can barely deal with life anymore. I hate people. Maybe I am crazy.

And no. If I had type 1 that was handed down to me from a family member and I knew I was susceptible to, was warned about growing up, and did everything I could to avoid it then that would be a fact of life. THIS STILL feels like it's not. I don't have mental illness running in my family. This isn't something I was born with. I was fine and perfect back then. It is one million percent not god damn fair one bit.

So which haven't you tried?

I have a neuro-degenerative condition that has no cure.

Pharmaceutical Treatments are largely ineffective, so I try herbal compounds that have shown possible benefits.

I think I've gone through 20 different ones.

I went from athletic to a cane in 3 years, then bedridden, unable to walk a year later.

I persevered and kept trying things and now I'm walking again without a cane.

Don't give up.
Without looking them up, Rexulti, some super new ones, and the old first generation APs. I only function well with those medications that are approved for bipolar treatment. I took a newer med a year ago that was only approved for schizophrenia for example, and I threw up while feeling needles piercing my skin for an entire sleepless night. I guess I function better with the sedative ones that quell my mind and energy. Geodon I tolerated well until it made my eyes roll uncontrollably into the back of my head. My boss at the time when I was going through Geodon treatment was angry at me occasionally because I worked slow and clumsily, again, making me feel like I don't really need anything. I kind of liked Latuda but it didn't do much for me. The doctors said "I look better" but all I felt was sluggish, slow, and tired. When I went through my drug induced psychosis the doc put me on risperdal for 6 months. I didn't feel it doing anything and when we met last he asked me if I had any of my drug induced symptoms, I said no, and he took me off without saying another word. I don't know what I have anymore. I am just pissed off at people most of the time and have memory, focus, and concentration problems. Probably from my college years drug abuse. I've most recently been prescribed mirtazipine and some anti seizure medication. I haven't tried lithium but I guess I like the sound of mood stabilizers.

honestly I just feel like I have a hole in my brain from drug abuse and nothing fixes it. Medication can help treat it but all I want is to fix the ROOT of the issue, which is something changed on the left side of my brain. When I'm in treatment I always get to a point where I'm just so pissed off that I can't fix the root cause, I wean myself off to try and fix it, then can't fix shit. I've had MRIs and CT scans done to see if I can figure out what it is but no one can fucking tell me. My most recent psychiatrist said I have bipolar with psychotic symptoms which I laughed at as I get normal highs and lows just like everyone else and don't experience anything relating to psychosis. No hallucinations or delusions, just weird thoughts occasionally I think we all have and my severe lack of brain power.

I went back to community college a few years ago to graduate and got straight A's, so I guess not all hope is lost, but again I did take medication then. I would get fucked up on zyprexa (take way more than needed), hit a flow state, write an essay, and my teachers would say it was one of the best they had ever written. IDK anymore mate!!

Is your condition similar to mine? What herbal compounds are you on? I was a hardcore firm believer in naturopathy, health and wellness and diet/lifestyle before all this. I was doing great back then I suppose.

So you quit the meds and are natural now walking without a cane? What pharmaceuticals were you on before? Props to you, that gives me hope.