View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Not tripping on DOC?

Amtip

Greenlighter
I took 3 hits of DOC from a friend tonight, well, today, I took 2 at around 4 and another one a few hours later when nothing was happening. It's been around 9 hours since I took the initial hits, and I haven't had anything happen apart from what seems like things swaying occasionally, but I feel I can attribute it to my eyes focusing and unfocusing in the dark. I've had nothing happen in the light. I took a walk through the woods around 4 hours ago, and could smell rotting flesh, but I live in the woods and it could very well have been an animal carcass. The friend I got them from is very familiar with hallucinogens and RCs, and gave me enough where I should have tripped hard, I don't know the exact amount he gave me. He says I'm mentally strong, which I tend to agree with. I'm wired for math and science and have always been weak in art. I've taken shrooms a few times and only had what I'd call a trip once, and there was almost no visual to it. I'd smoked weed on and off for almost 10 years, and have experimented with other drugs as well, this was my first time trying a hallucinogen other than shrooms . I recently quit smoking weed for employment. I've been listening to what I'd consider trippy music that I enjoy, and have been comfortable all night, trying to sit in the dark, and trying to sit in the light, to no avail. I guess it's kind of a hard question to answer, but how can I let go and let the trip take me? He gave me some more to try again in a couple of days, and I'd like to at least be better prepared for next time if I can't get out there on this attempt. I know it's ambiguous, but I'd appreciate any help. For reference I'm 6'6", 21, and around 175lbs.

Are you on any medications? Was your stomach full? Does your friend know how much material each blotter contains? Even three weak DOC hits should have some effect. While I found DOC extremely visual some people don't get visuals from any substances very easily and you may just be one of the people. Are you judging how hard your tripping by how much visual activity there is? The effects of psychedelics stretch far beyond visuals and if you don't look for effects in the right places you may be dissapointed. Try laying down in a dark room with your eyes closed and exploring your head a bit, if nothings happening I hate to say it but you probably got ripped off. If your 9 hours in you should likely be on the decline or at the least the end of the peak.

Ps. Adding paragraphs really helps the reader :)

I'm not on any medications, no. I took some psilocybin the night before (didn't trip while I was awake but had some hardcore lucid dreams). He says they had 1.25 on each of em. He didn't rip me off, they were free, and he's been one of my best friends since we were in diapers. I had been laying in my bed with my eyes closed for a while and didn't really have much to note. Think it could just be because I had no idea what to expect? I had eaten a full meal shortly before the first two and hadn't eaten since before the last one.

Sorry about the paragraphs lol, I know it was quite the read. And sorry about the scattered thoughts, I just kind of write as the they come

Oh you never said you tripped yesterday :p. Are you saying the mushrooms had no effect yesterday besides vivid dreams or that you took them and went to sleep? Either way those shrooms are gonna cause tolerance. Tolerance to psychedelics rises immediately, it's best to space your trips apart a minimum of a week or two. 3.75mgs of DOC is no small dose, I would be surprised if you had no effect from that amount with no tolerance but there are hardheads out there. Still though, even if you tripped yesterday you should've at least gotten to a + on the shulgin scale...

Last edited:
I suppose tolerance from the shrooms the night before & the full stomach could account for a substantial amount of the reduced/lack of effect. It's also possible that you may be a bit of a hard head with regard to psychedelics. It's an odd phenomenon, some people just require a substantially larger dose.

if you're still interested in tripping on DOC, I'd wait 2-3 weeks to allow tolerance to dissipate, then take the same dose after not having eaten for 2-3 hrs. If that still doesn't produce adequate effects, wait another 3 weeks & increase the dose. Repeat until you find an appropriate dose. Granted this is a bit tedious & will take a while, but it's really the only safe & accurate way to go about it.

Good luck!

Alright so I tried again tonight, Idk how much I took but I'm on my ass. I feel like I ate a bag of shrooms and chased it with a handful of norcos. My bathroom walls are textured and it looks like they're melting. I can't look at myself in the mirror because my eyes keep turning black. This should be a good night.

Alright then, I guess you can trip on DOC. :) Have fun, it lasts a LONG time and slowly develops through the trip. After about 10 hours you should be feeling great too, I love the second stage of the trip.

How do you not know how much you took? Did you forget how many blotters you ate? Or were you given an unknown dosage of the chemical in liquid or something?