• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Not the usual thread on SSRI's and MDMA

greystash

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, just a quick question. I will be attending a rave tonight for which I have mdma. Now,I was also at the doctor's today where I was prescribed a trial of a generic version of prozac. I knew I was going to be prescribed an anti-depressant, as I had had a this visit booked for some time(and also a referral from the student counselor). This is one of the reasons I was going to take mdma tonight, as a sort of 'last time for a while' thing, since I do not plan on using MDMA while I'm on this medication. However, due to rash thinking, I accidentally took my first dose of this SSRI about an hour ago. Will this make any difference to my experience tonight, since it is the very first dose?

Thanks.

Hi! I would say yes. Prozac has a greater affinity to bind to serotonin receptors than either serotonin or mdma and it is taking effect already.
You can try to roll tonight but prepare yourself for the worst. Also, taking more mdma to countereffect it would be wasteful.

The roll will probably be diminished. Prozac has a long half-life. Something around a few days, but probably even more.

According to Wiki: "fluoxetine elimination half-life changes from 1 to 3 days after a single dose, to 4 to 6 days, after long-term use."

Just titrate your dose of MDMA accordingly. Taking an SSRI once will diminish the effects but won't make them null.

IME it is very possible that this will indeed attenuate the intensity of the MDMA experience.

The day before my second MDMA experience I took half a pill of Escitalopram(Paxil, 25mg iirc) as part of a preload regimen. I can definitely say it dampened down the experience, it was the most unremarkable MDMA experience I had.

It wasn't a problem of low quality, because the MDMA was tested and from the same batch I had used the first time. It couldn't be a tolerance issue either because my previous experience was 7 months back. Awesome set and setting as well.

With that said, I definitely had a roll going. It was simply unremarkable compared to every other roll in the intensity department, even after taking 185mg. Still had fun though.

Prozac's binding affinity to the SERT is lower than Escitalopram's. So it might have a lesser effect on tolerance. Keep that in mind if you plan to increase the dose, be sensible and don't overdo it. The highest dose anyone should take in a session is 250mg, and less would be better tbh.

Happy rolling and stay safe :)

Not trying to sound harsh, but you really pretty much fucked up your whole plan to roll, unless you are satisfied with diminished or possibly zero response from the MDMA. At least you can still take (meth)amphetamine or magic mushrooms. Both of those drugs work well for going to all night raves. Why on earth are you taking Prozac (fluoxetine) for anyway? It doesn't help depression but rather gives you an unnaturally flat affect and sexual dysfunction in many cases.