Mental Health Not sure what to do about life anymore - meaningless.

Jbehcet

Greenlighter
Long story short, I have Beh?et?s disease. I have one of the most severe cases doctors have ever seen. My credit cards are maxed and I cannot afford rent at the end of this month. Normally I would have been able to receive a bar loan from law school, but I have a false collections case open on my credit. In July, my apartment flooded with feces 15 times and I was not reimbursed. I told the company move me to another floor, and I would pay rent and stay. They did not oblige and served me with an eviction notice. There was no legal case, so no lawyer would take their case. I stayed until I found an apartment that would take me with all the drama I had going on, about a month and a half later. This cost me an excessive extra amount of both time and money to deal with. I found out from the situation my service dog was being illegally charged when I told them he was one, they were cchargibg me illegal late fees, and that they illegally held my security deposit. I also have five thousand dollars coming my way from a dog bite, but it will not be in time to pay off my cards or pay rent.

I am feeling beyond suicidal. I can not clear my credit fast enough to get my loan. discover told me if I could send them a credit check without any derogatory public record I would receive my past loan I signed up for. I haven?t been able to work for the last three months due to flare up after flare up. I?m so depressed. I can?t lose my apartment. I have no where to go or anything to do. I?m at a loss for words that I was unlucky enough to first develop this god awful disease. AND NOW I?m going to be fucking evicted and lose everything because of an illegal collection fee posted. The woman who did it from the apartment company is fired and two weeks ago they told me the debt would be removed from collections immediately. It?s still there. I keep calling, calling, no luck. I just can?t take this anymore. Life isn?t fair. I went to law school and put myself into huge debt to change the world and improve people?s lives. I?m never going to make it to this point because of my eternally bad luck. I forgot to add I was robbed in December for a grand, I had my starter break, an issue with my fluid that caused it which equated to 895.00 in repairs. Further, my car battery died and a number of other problems causing me to be in the situation I am now. I would have had two more months of living. I?m so sick of life. I?m so sick of my bad luck. I literally just want to die. I have no specific thoughts, but overall the feeling of escaping the pain, nausea, hospitals, debt, my parents who abandoned me because they didn?t believe me about my pain and how bad it is (even though my doctors offered to explain I?m a flawless patient with controlled substances) they don?t care. No one cares and no one can save me.

I feel dead inside and I?m watching the clock tick, tick, tick until it?s all gone and things will go from feeling suicidal, to actual real plans I?m guessing.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear it are going thru a terrible rough patch. Please dont kill yourself, you are obviously very smart to be able to go to law school and society needs lawyers and with all your problems you could offer much empathy as well as the book knowledge. Just take it one day at a time . It takes a long time to evict someone so I think you will have time to get your money and credit straightened out. Love and light to you !

Thank you for the kind words Larimar. The issue for me is that having eviction proceedings in the first place can be a very large issue for me. When I apply for the bar exam they’ll grill me about it. Potentially, credit and other issues can disqualify someone from getting onto the state bar even if they pass the exam. Overall, it’s just difficult because I just want to be able to get onto helping others like I had done when I interned for three years at the public defender’s office. I really helped a lot of people who had addiction issues and realized the underlying issue of almost all thefts and duis is from alcohol and drugs.