• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Not sure if i should start again

frankmilton

Greenlighter
Hello, all.

I have been sober from marijuana for two and a half months now, and i recently started getting cravings again.

I know that it will be ok if i just keep it moderate, like doing it on weekends only per se, but i very much lack self control when it comes to marijuana...

I quit smoking because it felt as my life was revolving around weed rather than the opposite, and by the time i quit, i was smoking all day everyday, sparking up my bong every 20 - 30 minutes.

I really miss getting high, but i do not miss being lazy and getting high ALL DAY.

I wish there was a way that i can get high every once in a while without getting hooked on it, but my dependent personality makes that pretty much impossible.

Has anyone else been where i currently am before?

How did you deal with it?

personally i would find purpose and fill my life with activities of interest and save the pot for reward.

i love food, i can say that i look forward to my next meal before my next smoke. i love conversation. if i'm in a interesting conversation i will feel no need to smoke.

i love being around my friends so just their company and jokes are enough for me, ofc they all smoke and i indulge but it's not necessary for me as much as it is for them. so when the weed runs out they usually look to go home and even though i'm high i still feel disappointed cuz i just love company.

i love watching movies and prefer to watch most not stoned cuz being stoned doesn't help me with understanding concepts, rather, it just makes me go too deeply into one idea quite unnecessarily.

i love reading information about life through articles and others experiences so i spend lots of time doing this and can't do it while stoned.

talking in group chats, shitposting on social forums, flirting with girls, listening to music, etc.

so you get the point. the notion is that there's more to life than getting high, if you can't see that then you're probably getting high too much. getting high is quite boring when you're using heavily and/or using every day.

I suppose youre right about finding the purpose as my motivation to spark up has always been "to escape boredom." Ahh i miss it so much!

^Good to read Blank. I get by on tiny doses of weed, but it is daily. Today I challenged myself to not get high til later in the day. Made it to 3pm :) I think that's a good balance for me, having about 8 hours totally sober, then a couple vape puffs, or a lightly dosed edible. Bedtime I take one puff, then I take a puff usually everytime I wake up during the night which is always 3-5 times. I would stop, but I have a long history of my life staying very stable when I use thc, and tending to get depressive without.

Work on improving your life, and focusing on things besides pot and getting stoned.

Then if you want to smoke only on the weekends when you have nothing else to do, and only do it 1-3X a month.

I no longer smoke or use any drugs including alcohol; but that's mainly what I would do with cannabis and hash, unless it was summer and I was out of school and working at a job that did not require much effort, and not taking any difficult summer classes then I would smoke daily for a few days, a week, or a few weeks.

Last edited:
Have you tried only smoking Sativa? If you feel lazy smoking it might have something to do with the strain you're smoking.

Some people just get that way though, and if you are that kind of person and you also feel that you have such an addictive personality you won't be able to control yourself smoking than the obvious answer is: Don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs at all. If you do, it will likely lower your overall quality of life.

Good luck.

I can tell you as one suffering from the same as you.. it never works.

Heavily addicted to weed for 10 years now. Other drugs do nothing to me addiction wise compared to weed. I can sometimes for a few weeks only smoke a small amount a few hours a day but eventually I wake up and within a second crave a joint, I give in and suddenly I'm 6 months later waking up from being high 24/7 again and I quit again.. endless cycle. Everytime I'm convinced I can keep it under control but.. simply never. However that you stopped 2,5 months already is a good thing, my record is 2 weeks and usually is only 2-4 days so maybe it'll work for you.

Sometimes I think "if I start so smoke early today I can stop early and go to bed" then I end up smoking from 08:00-05:00 non stop. Sometimes I tell myself to smoke later on the day.. just smoke 1-2 and go to sleep.. so I start at 20:00.. but then I still smoke till 06:00 or so. I also heavily overcompensate, if I delay my smoking for the day I just end up smoking 3 joints in a row like they're cigarettes. If I have 10 euro left and can choose between food or weed I always choose weed and just live on noodles or shit..

I know that it will be ok if i just keep it moderate, like doing it on weekends only per se...

the great lie we tell ourselves! how can people say herb is not addictive when we're rationalizing it the same way addicts of other substances rationalize their own relapses?

i think the key to actual moderate use is just filling your time with things you really want to get done instead. if you're keeping yourself busy then you spend less time consciously struggling with whether to toke or not, and you spend less time regretting toking and then thinking "gee i really could have used this time to do something productive".

Also, it feels great to be str8, at least in the first half of the day. Mornings are nice n crisp IME (coffee of course, then herbal teas all day), and by the time the afternoon rolls around weed is not on my mind anymore. However in the evening I choose to smoke because it cools off my hyper ambition :) I guess I'm physically dependent on it, I poop much healthier on thc products.

I can sometimes for a few weeks only smoke a small amount a few hours a day but eventually I wake up and within a second crave a joint, I give in and suddenly I'm 6 months later waking up from being high 24/7 again and I quit again.. endless cycle.

OP here. I couldn't agree more with that statement. It's as if I'm "waking up" a few months later realizing that I had done it again, because i tend to not give a damn about a lot of stuff when im under the influence of marijuana. Countless relapses happened that way for me as well. That's why i somewhat fear the cannabis these days. It seems to gradually get a hold of my willpower and eat me up.