• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Not really feeling Etizolam

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I haven't really been feeling Etizolam recently. When I started using again I felt 1mg for sure. Couple weeks later later I'm taking 15mg+ and not feeling much and so not feeling much. What's the deal? Does tolerance rise that quickly?

Second question also, will I be withdrawing after needing such high dosages when I run Out?

Thanks for the help guys :)

Its almost undoubtablely your tolerance, 1mg to 15mg in acouple weeks just to feel it is a significant upage. Ive never had experience with etizolam but have with alpraz, diaze, clonaz, temaze, and loraze. Mostly xanax and im just getting back from my 3 week visit to hell, and just feeling normal again. Im not sure how etizolam compares by potentcy but 15mgs seems pretty hefty. Ive been taking xanax on and off, more or less bingeing to be exact for 2-4 years and just 100% stopped cold turkey from a 1-4mg dose range and never experienced any WD more hellish than that. Ive been through severe heroin wd too and it doesnt come close, but I cant exactly tell you if you will withdrawal or how bad it will be. But you most likely will be very uncomfortable to say the least

EDIT: Never had a seizure but felt like I couldve any second for acouple weeks straight, withdrawal for benzos seem to hit in waves or they will subside one week then next week fire back up fiercly or in my experience id feel like shit one day then next day feel pretty good.

Last edited:
For me Etizolam feel very potent when you have no tolerance, but after continuous use in a couple of weeks to effect becomes much less noticeable. In fact I either feel very little or black out from too much. Thus for me, Etizolam is something to use every now and again and not everyday.

You should not be taking 15 mg of Etizolam each day. It is way to much. Stay away from it in a month and you will be feeling 1 mg again. For how long have you been taking Etizolam each day? How long have you taken 15 mg each day? A couple of weeks is rather imprecise. Is it two weeks or more? Benzodiazepine addiction can develop fast even after a couple of weeks so you should start being careful. No matter what, considering the amount you have taken, you will be feeling some unease when you stop.

15mg for a few weeks sounds like your getting into seizure territory if you quit cold turkey, even if it's not getting you high.
And yes, sounds like tolerance.

Etizolam & its efficacy

Etizolam (Pasaden) has been found to retain its effectiveness a lot longer than other, more commonly prescribed anxiolytics. Just because you're not 'feeling' it does NOT mean it isn't continuing to treat your condition. It isn't the sort of drug one would take just for the feeling, and (as an example) similarly, I have been using OxyContin now since about 14 years ago; I stopped 'feeling' it, ie feeling the opiate 'buzz' sought by recreational users, after only a week or two into my treatment. However there IS a problem but it's because my pain level has increased so much rather than with the drug itself - I need more to treat what is a progressive condition and have a fool of a doctor who refuses to keep pace with my pain, forcing me to seek additional pain relief elsewhere; a position no patient should ever be put into.
But certainly studies (I read one paper from the University of Milan which examined over 200 patients' experiences) have shown that etizolam retains anxiolytic effect at the same dosage far better than alprazolam or diazepam.
As for withdrawal symptoms, as a triazolothienodiazepine one would expect that the stupidly high dosage you have been using will produce desperately bad WDs, and I suggest you work out some sort of taper with your doctor, even using part-substitution with a longer half life diazepine anxiolytic such as diazepam, medazepam or prazepam. Diazepam might be too heavily sedating though that is the one suggested by the definitive Ashton Manual (see at benzo.org.uk).
I don't know your location but I know of only three countries in Europe where etizolam is commonly seen or prescribed. As for the USA or Canada I simply haven't a clue.
Bayer PASADEN is by a long way the most-dispensed brand. And it certainly is not a cheap anxiolytic, being around three times the price of 1mg alprazolam (Xanax brand). Only made in 0.5mg and 1mg strengths.

Last edited:
Just a warning to people using Etizolam. I don't know why it surprises me because it has happened before, but I thought I took 5mg Etizolam last night and woke up to find out I ended up taking like 30mg+ and only left myself with 5mg left, which I used tonight. Careful bluelight.org. 70mg gone in only a few days. ?

As for withdrawal symptoms, as a triazolothienodiazepine one would expect that the stupidly high dosage you have been using will produce desperately bad WDs, and I suggest you work out some sort of taper with your doctor, even using part-substitution with a longer half life diazepine anxiolytic such as diazepam, medazepam or prazepam. Diazepam might be too heavily sedating though that is the one suggested by the definitive Ashton
We'll fuck. I used the rest of my benzos and I can't find any Ron, so I guess I'll have to expect withdrawals. :(

At 15mg+ a day you're probably in for some hell on earth. You thought kicking H was bad well opiate withdrawals are a vacation compared to benzo withdrawals. Seizures are probably a definite risk at your dosages. Consider seeing a psych doc or going into rehab to get through this one as benzo withdrawals are dangerous.

Good luck to you and I hope you can get this sorted and do so sort of taper.

At 15mg+ a day you're probably in for some hell on earth. You thought kicking H was bad well opiate withdrawals are a vacation compared to benzo withdrawals. Seizures are probably a definite risk at your dosages. Consider seeing a psych doc or going into rehab to get through this one as benzo withdrawals are dangerous.

Good luck to you and I hope you can get this sorted and do so sort of taper.
Last time I did this with Etizolam I didn't get withdrawals, hopefully it'll be the same this time.

Just a warning to people using Etizolam. I don't know why it surprises me because it has happened before, but I thought I took 5mg Etizolam last night and woke up to find out I ended up taking like 30mg+ and only left myself with 5mg left, which I used tonight. Careful bluelight.org. 70mg gone in only a few days. 

This is kind of a classic case when it comes to benzodiazepines (or in this case, thienotriazolodiazepines). People taking too much and then they wake up realizing they ended up going through their whole medicine cabinet/stash the other night. It is as good of an indication as any that you are abusing the etiz and need to get a grip.

Assuming you'll be alright cause you were okay the last time you were withdrawing is very ignorant when it comes to GABAergic drugs. I strongly urge you to seek out medical care as soon as possible because although you've taken it a short time, you binged so much there is definitely the risk of a seizure ahead.

Last time I did this with Etizolam I didn't get withdrawals, hopefully it'll be the same this time.

I hope so for your sake SS, I've been through incomplete benzo withdrawals twice and it was insane. What's the old saying, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst." You'll know by the second day whether you are going to withdraw and by day 5 or so you should be able to gauge whether you can handle it or not. By day 5 for me I'd had enough of the insanity and went to the ER.

Don't get too down on yourself, I used to buy etiz 500 at a time so I got a false sense of security and would take 3-4mg at a time a couple times a day, it's an easy trap to fall into. But all 'good' things come to an end and it's when we run out that the shit hits the fan. By that time the etiz had jacked my tolerance up to where there was no way my Xanax script could keep up with my tolerance

Luckily now as time has gone by and after a couple bouts of withdrawals I have managed to get my alpraz intake under control for the time being.

Good luck to you young man, I know you've been through a lot. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Take care.

-JDD.J

Sometimes I wonder if etizolam, being structurally different from benzos and all that, is harder to get physically addicted to. I used to abuse the shit out of it too, just a few months ago, and I'd always compulsively redose and black out and end up taking like 20mg or more, it was ridiculous. At one point I think I went through a tin of like 100 of them in a week. I'd feel fine, wake up feeling ok, but all my etizolam was gone. I never did anything stupid like on other benzos, just sat there popping pills I guess (I mean, taking that much etizolam was stupid in itself, but you know what I mean). I never got wds though and can still use etizolam without any problems. I also don't have that high of a tolerance anymore though, I can feel 2mg pretty strongly. I just assumed I was lucky as hell, but maybe there's something else to it. Hopefully you'll be good this time around too, wish you luck.