• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

NOT MDMA and NOT MDA!!! Help

Hofalicious

Greenlighter
So I came upon some MDMA that tested "black" (I'm not familiar with testing usually leave it to my friend) which is apparently "good" "purer". I have not taken enough MDMA/MDA crystals in my time so maybe someone can help with the following question

The MDMA was consistently good however I went to acquire more and a new substance was given to me and was told it was*slang for MDA* and smelled rightfully so but again I don't have enough experiences to really tell the difference BUT these crystals were like dark pink (super light pink when crushed to powder)which ive never seen or heard of.

I've always been straight up with people as I want them to be with me so I didn't want to give it to my friends without knowing exactly what it was. So I went to have it tested at another friends house and came up negative for "blue color" he said (MDMA,MDA, and the like)but showed up "green" which he said it was some kind of 2C-??? so I just figured 'research chemical, this is going to be some research and expert opinions'...

I started my research at the 2C's which I have done a few of before and thought this can't be a 2C-??? because the dosage I needed to get to where I wanted with this so far unknown substance would have been too much of 2C-B, 2C-I, Etc. and had more mild/short effects. upon continuing my research I started to research closer to the MDMA, MDA, Psychedelic Amphetamines substitutes going around and I came across Methylone.

The Methylone pictures posted all consistently looked exactly like the pink crystals I had acquired and according to the Methylone page on Erowid was almost dead on accurate with dosage amounts and effects which was even further confirmed hearing experiences here on Bluelight

1. Are there at home tests that would go this deep and read accurately what substance I have exactly that are recommended?

2. I know the whole "dark blue/black" readings for MDMA and I know the 2C's so what is the "green" color coming up on the test, any insights? (don't know what he was using but you just poured this chemical onto the substance and it's supposed to change varying shades of 4 colors indicating substance and purity???
] I do have a photo of 1.0g chunk of this substance, new here not sure on the rules for that. I don't mind these research chemicals at all, some are just an amazing experience, what I can't stand is being told its MDMA or MDA or DXM or Ketamine being familiar with them and know what I'm to expect and it turns out to be 32DX-243GG. Again, I don't care just tell me it's 32DX-243GG so I can research it and make an informed decision on whether to ingest it or not and whether or not it is cool to share with my friends so.....

Any insights, experiences, advice...Anything that could help me find out exactly what this is or if I'm close, anything>

Last edited:
well, methylone should be a bright yellow colour with marquis reagent.

it's a good thing you tested it and found that you've been ripped off (mda is rare after all), but reagent testing has its limits. there are quite a few chemicals that can give a green colour. if you really want to know what's in your misrepresented stuff you'd have to turn to lab testing. depending on where you live you can get it for free with information on how much of each component is inside or you'll have to pay for it and only get qualitative information.
don't turn to texture, smell or the colour of the crystals to assess the identity of your stuff. these things don't really tell you anything.

if you can't reliably verify the identity of the chemicals inside i'd toss it.

Thanks, That actually helps me narrow it down even further looking at the test color chart. I thought it was one of two things based on the color variance chart from that type of test, I'm still going to get it tested but I know what it is now, Thank you brother. yeah I just got in contact with a lab that can test it, it's going to cost but that's okay, it will be worth it to see exactly what I've got.

And I didn't just acquire a capsule for some armin van buren concert I can't exactly throw this amount out, I'm willing to throw some money down cause whatever it is I like it.. Its a trippy short lived with a speedy comedown, I enjoyed it.

I've been given so many of these research chemicals and being told it was something else I really don't care I just want my friends to know what it is and be safe.

Props for testing but why would you take it if you don't know what it is?? Not sure what part of the world your from but get that to a test center or send it to ecstasydata.org . I also suggest purchasing a test kit of your own if plan on rolling in the future.

Do you know what color it got for which tests or just know the colors??

Like a green-yellow or yellow-green which could only be a 2C-xxx that yields those results according to the color chart. There is so much research shit going on anything can test as something its not by being in the same "family" or one molecule so I take my chances, I've been handed so much shit over the years I don't even worry anymore. Thanks though, I appreciate your concern but I got it under control just needed some friendly advice.

Thanks, That actually helps me narrow it down even further looking at the test color chart. I thought it was one of two things based on the color variance chart from that type of test, I'm still going to get it tested but I know what it is now, Thank you brother. yeah I just got in contact with a lab that can test it, it's going to cost but that's okay, it will be worth it to see exactly what I've got.

And I didn't just acquire a capsule for some armin van buren concert I can't exactly throw this amount out, I'm willing to throw some money down cause whatever it is I like it.. Its a trippy short lived with a speedy comedown, I enjoyed it.

I've been given so many of these research chemicals and being told it was something else I really don't care I just want my friends to know what it is and be safe.

i don't think that you can narrow it down very much. depending on what kind of chart you have it may be very incomplete. also there are new RCs appearing on the market all the time and only so many colours a test can give.
another thing to keep in mind is that you could get mixed colours if there are multiple substances inside. i can imagine methylone + something that turns blue giving a greenish colour...

if you don't have easy access to lab testing, getting the whole test kit with multiple reagents is a good idea (as is testing before buying ;) ). that way you'd have a lot more information and it's easier to rule some substances out.

Do you know what color it got for which tests or just know the colors??
+1
i just assumed you were using marquis, but i now see you haven't specified that.

anyway, sending it off to a lab is certainly the best thing to do. keep us updated on the results :)

Like a green-yellow or yellow-green which could only be a 2C-xxx that yields those results according to the color chart. There is so much research shit going on anything can test as something its not by being in the same "family" or one molecule so I take my chances, I've been handed so much shit over the years I don't even worry anymore. Thanks though, I appreciate your concern but I got it under control just needed some friendly advice.

You should still test your drugs man. Thats much better than nothing and will narrow down what you have. You aren't controlling anything taking random powders and that is friendly advice.
For instance if it was a 2c and you took an mdma dosage you would be dead.
What test yielded yellow green results??