• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Not getting withdrawals from shitty heroin

ImAShark

Greenlighter
Up until recently for about two months I was using around 2 bags of heroin per day, snorted. The heroin was extremely pure, and within about 8 hours of last using, I would start to get withdrawal symptoms. When I ran out of dope I used suboxone and the withdrawal symptoms went away within a few hours. A day after using the sub, I bought a bundle of heroin from a different dealer, and this turned out to be really shitty dope. I would need to take down a few bags at once just to get a buzz. Oddly though, even though I have used this heroin a lot less frequently than the purer heroin, I never seem to get any withdrawals from not using it. I'm not sure if there's any reasoning to this, or just that since the heroin isn't as good, maybe my body doesn't miss it as much and thus doesn't go into withdrawal? I know that sounds really stupid, but I'm not sure what else it could be. Any answers to this would be appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like the sub is blocking the heroin to me.

What way are you
doing the heroin/sub transition??

Yeah if it was a day after I'd wager that the bupe was blocking the H. How much bupe did you take? If it was a full 8mg or more you'll be locked out of being able to feel H for at least 2 days after.

It probably wasn't shitty H, it just won't bind to your receptors because the bupe has higher binding affinity.

You're not feeling withdrawal sensations for the same reason.

I only took about 1mg of the bupe, barely any, and plus I used the last of the heroin about 4-5 days after taking the sub, so it shouldn't have really effected it beyond the first day or two.

if it's crappy heroin then you won't go into hard core withdrawals the same way you would if it had been pure shit

your 'purer heroin' prob had some fent analog cut, because pure H doesnt wear off in 8 hours. you might be getting weaker (less opiate) but purer (allH+cut instead of H+w/e opiod+cut) stuff from the new dealer. that you are using less can account for it too.

I did wound up getting slight withdrawals around 31 hours after last using the heroin, but a little bit of bupe quickly put those withdrawals to rest. Now I just wait until the awesome heroin I was getting from the original dealer comes back around.