View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Not feeling myself after lsd

Gu55

Greenlighter
Last Friday my parents were out of town and I decided to take acid with my friend. He has done it and he seems perfectly fine. We dropped it at 6:20 pm and we were watching Pulp fiction. All of a sudden we hit peak and I was in a uncomfortable state. I literally curled up in a ball and I just close my eyes and rode through the peak . We smoked about 3 grams while we were on the tabs. Horrible decision. I was tripping out so bad I started sweating. We slept at about 3 in the morning. And woke up at 7 in the morning.

After that day I don’t feel the same. I have a small nervous or anxiety feeling. I told my mom because I couldn’t take it anymore. I totally quit on all drugs . ** it was my first time taking acid too** I still feel a little off. Every morning I feel like shit. I’m literally hoping I get back to normal. I feel so drained out and I don’t even have a appetite. I usually eat good but now I’m not eating as much as I was before.

Please help. Will I get better? What should I do to feel normal again.

It comes with the territory. Don't reflect over it to much, dont trip out. You are fine. Eat healthy. Sleep well. Exercise. Meditate. Learn and respect the power you now understand it has. We all go through experiences like this. LSD with a proper dosage can be somewhat taxing. You learn that it's apart of the beauty that comes along with it, as well as accepting that it's apart of the journey. You learn to love it. No bad trips here bro. Just difficult experiences you gain wisdom from.

What are you describing is pretty common. Avoid using all drugs for awhile including cannabis, alcohol, and anything else you use. Tell yourself that you are fine, and start to eat right, exercise, and get some rest. Meditation helps as the person above me described. Do all of this for as long as six months if you have to.

If you do this and it gets really bad and you can't stand it see a therapist and just tell him how you took LSD and about any other drugs you have been taking. Good luck.

Last edited:
In my experience here in PD, I have come to the solid conclusion that by far the highest incidence of emotional/mental issues following psychedelic use comes from people under the age of 18. When you're younger, your brain is developing quickly and your self-image has not fully developed. Hence, the introduction of a powerful mind-altering substance has a much higher chance of causing you to feel disturbed. However, you didn't do any physical damage, you just bit off something a bit more than you could chew. Try not to dwell on it much, you'll be fine, you just need to move on. You should certainly avoid any psychedelics until you're older, if you ever choose to go there again (and it's perfectly understandable if you never want to). Also, this is important, you should not smoke weed because weed will make these feelings linger on for much longer or possible even grow worse.

Yeah I know the feeling you are talking about. Just stay sober for a little while, usually goes away after a week. Your brain is just fried lol. It is 100% normal.

You smoked a bunch of weed, a fuckton of weed when doing acid for the first time, do you think you're going to be walking on sunshine?

LSD lasts a week if you don't truamatize yourself disrespecting the hell out of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes people make mistakes or take actions that aren't ideal, especially when they're young. Let's be nice about whatever advice is given, the OP came here for help. Many kids who decide to try psychedelics do it without a lot of caution, usually it's because a friend or peer is like, oh yeah it's awesome, it'll be fine.

Last Friday my parents were out of town and I decided to take acid .................... and we were watching Pulp fiction.

Just a comment on the context. The old nugget of dose, set and setting can't be over-emphasised. I seem to recall that Pulp Fiction contained much violent imagery. Personally I'm not surprised that things went bad - films such as these are made by people who know how to touch the shadow side of us.

I hope you recover fast (I'm sure you will - there's nothing toxic in the substances you took) and at some stage you take a chance and visit that strange but amazing place that is an acid trip - there are truly wonders to be beheld. I'm sure all the other posters here would wish you all the best and recommend a pleasant setting: could be good music that you like, a beautiful place where all is calm and safe and interesting or with friends who are totally cool to be with, or all 3 or more.

The challenge of an acid trip should never be underestimated - similarly the beauty and amazement.

As for recovery time, it varies. Suidomreh above experiences recovery after a week, my partner takes a few days to assimilate all the insights. After 13 hours I'm back to baseline and fully recovered.

E

Last edited:
Please help. Will I get better? What should I do to feel normal again.

Just live in the moment and have fun. What is "normal" anyways? I think its better to be different than normal. A lot of what you are describing is in your head. What you are describing is pretty common after a good acid trip with some weed to accompany it. I have been there before, you will get better. Just don't worry about it.

Last edited: