• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

not all bubble hash is created equally

pupnik

Bluelighter
Hi Folks,
with the legal restrictions dislodged in Canada, and new producers proliferating with and without fully legal distribution chains, I am beginning to notice a range in product quality and consistency.

I tasted the most beautiful "legal" concoction ever when I found KushKraft Blackberry Gum Hash which was described as the collected scrapings from gardening tools and hands of the cannabis plant pruners. This product was basically loose golden trichomes only, it looked like a yellow salt, and I am sorry I did not take pictures. it cost 2x what any other hash cost but was totally worth it. smooth smoke and nearly no smell at all. tiny fine white ash at end and great effects.

The second most amazing legal concoction was a Friendly Stranger product called Bubble hash which looked practically identical, loose yellowish grains of fine hash depicted below. Honestly this is a great product too but the hybrid origin was not as clear as blackberry, so - not the same indica magic. but great all the same.

I have since ordered more blackberry hash but the vendor substituted their bubble hash as shown depicted in tiny jars in the photo below and it is kind of like most other dark sticky hash from which you can pick off a piece with your fingernails and smoke it, but it has a strong dope smell and does not quite go to a fine white ash, although the texture is more sugary like a hardened marshmallow than hard waxy or oily like most other black hash.

So this frustrating problem is leading me to think I will have to return to the nice loose golden bubble hash which is the closest I have come to a great clean smell free smoke. It's weird to me that bubble hash can vary so much from loose and golden and great - to solid black and ok. It makes me very wary of online purchasing (substitution and maybe even lying about what is in the little jar)

lzouzPp.png

these pics show a bit of the variance for Bubble Hash products. my preference is for the lower in case the text was not clear.

if you run into something like the particulate pile shown - I recommend not passing it up. very good for one hitters.

Last edited:
bubble hash quality depends on the mesh size of the filters (bags) used. i haven't looked in a while but the common kits went from 300 down to 30 micron. at 30 micron you get the amber stuff that is mostly THC, looser than 30 and more of the darker plant matter (i.e. not THC) makes it into the final product.

i've only been buying nugs but they're pretty shady with providing THC %-ages only at the point of sale so you can get one batch of the same product that's 22% and the next one is only 14%.

the only reason I can think for such poor consistency is the LPs are scuffing the nugs to divert some of that THC into hash products for extra profit like black market folks have been doing for ages.

it's a scummy trick since it's *never* disclosed when they're doing it ... honestly, I've only found a few of the LPs trustworthy and they usually cost so much above average that black market is simply a better choice for 1oz+ buys.

great explanation, so what I am looking for is 30 micron amber bubble and nothing else! ha! good luck to me.

it doesn't mention the level of filtration but on the OCS site it does give THC percentages so presumably at least some of the LPs shipping hash are able to say what they're really selling

I have a bubble hash machine with filters from 220 micron, 190 micron, 160 micron, 120 micron, 90 micron, 73 micron, 45 micron and 25 micron bags. The few times i used it i got decent and top quality hash but i made it myself and knew what was going in there and i could adjust the strength so to speak.

I have a bubble hash machine with filters from 220 micron, 190 micron, 160 micron, 120 micron, 90 micron, 73 micron, 45 micron and 25 micron bags. The few times i used it i got decent and top quality hash but i made it myself and knew what was going in there and i could adjust the strength so to speak.
what did the final product look like?

I picked up more of the sandy looking type in the bottom pic above and got a credit from the vendor who sent the black bubble balls that look like regular hash. they will send me something when they next make finer grade product.

@pupnik the final product was a dark green and clean, not grainy and very soft. Very clean tasting too and smooth...

@Coffeeshroom do you think the grainy yellow stuff is made differently in some way?

does your bubble hash produce a tiny wisp of white ash from a single toke in a one hitter?

@Coffeeshroom do you think the grainy yellow stuff is made differently in some way?

does your bubble hash produce a tiny wisp of white ash from a single toke in a one hitter?
i think and just my own personal insight but i think it was grainier and more yellowish becuase thy didn't filter it enoug

And as for the 2nd q yes i get straight ash after a one hit wonder

Last edited:
cool,
I finally got what I really wanted which highly resembles bubble hash -> GUM HASH!!!
P0TNWBI.jpg

my wife reports that BBGH's odor is detectible. :confused:, so I will probably shift back to BC.Bubble hash which has less smell.