• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

norflurazepam equivalency

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i'm trying to use norflurazepam to taper. i've read reports of it being anywhere from equipotent to 4x the strength of diazepam. can anyone help narrow that down a bit? equipotent to 4x as strong is a big difference.

i'm down to 3mg every 12 hours. i thought i was getting close to finished, but now all the sudden i'm seeing people across different websites claiming it's not equipotent. i'm trying to get off all drugs before going out of town in two weeks. i will bring prescribed ativan in case, but i'd prefer to finish this taper and not have to worry about it.

thanks

Last edited:
Since it's an RC it's pretty impossible to give any kind of scientific answer to this unfortunately.

For what it's worth Tripsit pegs 2-5mg as a light dose. If that dose range is indeed considered light by most users, it's probably safe to assume it's not very potent.

According to subjective experiences most people seem to find 5mg is mildly relaxing like Valium, so that also points to a lack of potency.

I say continue with the taper plan you've been using so far, bring the lorazepam just in case, but overall you should be okay.

Wish I could provide something more concrete but with an RC it's honestly impossible to do anything other than make educated guesses based on chemistry and subjective reports.

thank you for the reply. yes, rc benzos have significant disadvantages.

i think each drop is .33 - .4mg i'm at 8 drops a day as of yesterday. let's say it's .4mg, to be worst case. which means i've about halved my dose since wednesday.

feb 9: 7 drops
feb 10: 6 drops
feb 11: 5 drops
feb 12: 4 drops
feb 13: 3 drops
feb 14: 2 drops
feb 15: 1 drop
feb 16: 1 drop
feb 17: none
feb 18: 1 drop

then none. i get on the plane feb 23. 4 full days after being at .4mg. that's the best i can do.

and i'll have that ativan, just in case. i can break the 1mg pills into 8ths before it gets too frustrating and inaccurate.

that chart is for me and also in case anyone wants to comment. i've been trying to keep track in my head, which isn't working so well. i forget how many drops the day before. or how many i took in the morning when it comes time to take the night dose. i try to only take 2 or 3 drops in the morning so i can take a few more at night to sleep.

i'm using icloud notes to track my sub taper. i should do the same to keep track of this one. i can access it from my phone or comp in a second and make note of what i took.

and fuck, now that it's night i can't remember if i took two or three drops earlier. i think two.

Last edited:
Since it's an RC it's pretty impossible to give any kind of scientific answer to this unfortunately.

For what it's worth Tripsit pegs 2-5mg as a light dose. If that dose range is indeed considered light by most users, it's probably safe to assume it's not very potent.

According to subjective experiences most people seem to find 5mg is mildly relaxing like Valium, so that also points to a lack of potency.

I say continue with the taper plan you've been using so far, bring the lorazepam just in case, but overall you should be okay.

Wish I could provide something more concrete but with an RC it's honestly impossible to do anything other than make educated guesses based on chemistry and subjective reports.

The problem is 2-5MG may be a light dose for an acute dosage. With the very long half-life 5MG on consecutive days of using it would be a lot stronger. I'm assuming that is a reference to an acute dose but then again who knows since Tripsit doesn't specify?

I know it can have up to a 250 Hour half-life but for the Prescribed Flurazepam drug that's only for the elderly and or kidney and liver impaired individuals. I think I read roughly 90 Hours is the average or mean elimination half-life for young and healthy adults.

If taken on consecutive days the equivalent dose would be different for everyone especially if liver enzymes are involved which Flurazepam is suspected to be inhibited by CYP3A4 and possibly others.