• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco

Dodger Guy LA

Bluelighter
I've been taking hydro 5/325 off and on since October of 2015. I'll take them for a few days and then take a break for a few days some times weeks( some times a month). How likely is one to start to become habuated from what I had to ask? I do take about 15 mg at once lately from 10mg.
Im thinking I do not want to deal w/ W.D. any feed back would be appreciated:)

If your wondering how bad your withdrawals will be, assuming that youll even have WDs, almost painless, thats if you even withdrawal. If you do, benzos or kratom will take any pain away from a dosage and habit that low

When would I have to worry? 7.months of use of 15 -20Mg twice daily with breaks inbwtwee . I already take klonopin for years now as prescribed. It's the hydro I tend to up dose.... Thank you

When would I have to worry? 7.months of use of 15 -20Mg twice daily with breaks inbwtwee . I already take klonopin for years now as prescribed. It's the hydro I tend to up dose.... Thank you
So you take that dose amount twice a day? when you take these breaks, what do you think the average number of days you take as breaks are? 5-15 days? Did you notice any symptoms correlated to opiate withdrawal? Sorry for all the questions, but if youve only been taking them for 7 months, at 15-20MG twice a day, those breaks depending how long they are could be saving you from mild-moderate withdrawal. You should start worrying alot more when you start to not take the breaks and start uping to 60+MGs even at once a day or this routine continues for id say 1 and half years and more, thats when even this dosege and breaks will not matter, WD will hit and probably be very uncomfortable . Not saying you shouldnt worry about WDs now, but they arent gonna be as bad as not taking breaks and uping the dose, even with breaks you can still develop very uncomfortable WD, thats why the duration of the breaks are kind of important. And if your prescibed them, and dont want near as bad WD take the daily dose prescribed and dont always use them as recreation if thats what your doing. Opiate use will always result in withdrawal when using continually for long periods of time. Breaks and low doses will greatly help, you know your body better than me man. Take it slow if your worried brother, if you do WD its not gonna be anythint crippling or nothing you cant handle like I said the klonopin will help decently if your tolerance isnt big. Kratom will also help any WDs you get. If your really worried and want to stop and not have withdrawals as bad, kratom would be something id for sure look into, be cautious with it though, itll provide just as bad withdrawals over time.

EDIT: you should be more worried about the klonopin withdrawal. Opiate withdrawal compared to benzo withdrawal is child's play. I will never take another xanax anytime soon, they were so bad it scared me straight. I almost died or atleast felt like, no sarcasm what so ever. But ive also been abusing opiates for 5+ years and been through very uncomfortable and very unpleasant withdrawal to the point of punching holes in my wall from insomnia and hot sweats and extreme agitation, especially with heroin and I still continue to use because im not THAT worried about WDs. But benzos. Never again.

Last edited:
So you take that dose amount twice a day? when you take these breaks, what do you think the average number of days you take as breaks are? 5-15 days? Did you notice any symptoms correlated to opiate withdrawal? Sorry for all the questions, but if youve only been taking them for 7 months, at 15-20MG twice a day, those breaks depending how long they are could be saving you from mild-moderate withdrawal. You should start worrying alot more when you start to not take the breaks and start uping it to anywhere from 25-40MGs even at once a day or this routine continues for id say 1 and half years and more, thats when even this dosege and breaks will not matter, WD will hit and probably be very uncomfortable . Not saying you shouldnt worry about WDs now, but they arent gonna be as bad as not taking breaks and uping the dose, even with breaks you can still develop very uncomfortable WD, thats why the duration of the breaks are kind of important. And if your prescibed them, and dont want near as bad WD take the daily dose prescribed and dont always use them as recreation if thats what your doing. Opiate use will always result in withdrawal when using continually for long periods of time. Breaks and low doses will greatly help, you know your body better than me man. Take it slow if your worried brother, if you do WD its not gonna be anythint crippling or nothing you cant handle like I said the klonopin will help decently if your tolerance isnt big. Kratom will also help any WDs you get.

EDIT: you should be more worried about the klonopin withdrawal. Opiate withdrawal compared to benzo withdrawal is child's play. I will never take another xanax anytime soon, they were so bad it scared me straight. I almost died or atleast felt like, no sarcasm what so ever.
yes, benzo's.... I've been on them as prescribed for over ten years. How did you stop, cold turkey? Cold turkey can be very life threatening as you saw. I don't mess with my klonopin!my doctor and I have a written signed agreement that she does with all patients that there are rules in order for her to treat me. how did you get off the Benzo if you don't mind me asking.
Breaks usually are maybe use of 2 to 4 days then break for a week to a month. I've been lucky so far thankfully. Where do u get ur knowledge? Thanks for ur time!

yes, benzo's.... I've been on them as prescribed for over ten years. How did you stop, cold turkey? Cold turkey can be very life threatening as you saw. I don't mess with my klonopin!my doctor and I have a written signed agreement that she does with all patients that there are rules in order for her to treat me. how did you get off the Benzo if you don't mind me asking.
I dont mind at all, and yes correct cold turkey from a decent habit of 3-4 years anything from xanax (1-4MG) {not usually 4 though} valium (15-30MG plus a beer or two) and klonopin (1-2MG). Stupid decision on my part, and they werent prescriptions, off the street

EDIT: knowledge came from personal experience. I also use to do breaks like you but it eventually got to the point to where it didnt matter. If I didnt have opiates in my system id WD. Anything from very mild to very moderate, I didnt have a HUGE habit till I started smoking heroin

Breaks usually are maybe use of 2 to 4 days then break for a week to a month. I've been lucky so far thankfully. Where do u get ur knowledge? Thanks for ur time!
Ok if I was you I wouldnt be worried to much to even at all about withdrawals, they 90% probably wont be bad if you do. But it will catch up to you man, I use to always think I couldnt even WD badly, lol I was fucking wrong

Last edited:
Ok if I was you I wouldnt be worried to much to even at all about withdrawals, they 90% probably wont be bad if you do. But it will catch up to you man, I use to always think I couldnt even WD badly, lol I was fucking wrong

This. But the habit you have now is nothing, it's not even a 'habit', it's recreational drug use, of a potentially addictive drug, albeit a weak one for it's drug class.

Thanks for the pointers! The Kpins I follow the doctors prescription and I've been on those for a real long time and have heard the horror stories coming off Benzo's. My Psychiatrist who I see 4 times a year told me it will be a breeze the way she would approach it. As far as the norcos 5/325o, I need to slow down or like you said it will creep up on you. I'm done seeing my Ortho Doctor as of last week for my clavicle who prescribed the medication. You know your stuff! Thanks again

Thanks for the pointers! The Kpins I follow the doctors prescription and I've been on those for a real long time and have heard the horror stories coming off Benzo's. My Psychiatrist who I see 4 times a year told me it will be a breeze the way she would approach it. As far as the norcos 5/325o, I need to slow down or like you said it will creep up on you. I'm done seeing my Ortho Doctor as of last week for my clavicle who prescribed the medication. You know your stuff! Thanks again
No problem brother, good luck!

I wouldn't call hydrocodone a weak drug by any means. It's equipotent to morphine orally and the high can be very strong and mentally addictive for those without tolerance. I abused hydro for 4 years, sometimes on a daily basis for a week or two, and never experienced withdrawals until I started getting over 50mg daily.

Albeit everyone is different but I bet you are on the cusp of developing an addiction that's going to involve withdrawal symptoms. I would say take a long break, like 6+ months then if you decide to come back to it be weary and keep your doses low.

I wouldn't call hydrocodone a weak drug by any means. It's equipotent to morphine orally and the high can be very strong and mentally addictive for those without tolerance. I abused hydro for 4 years, sometimes on a daily basis for a week or two, and never experienced withdrawals until I started getting over 50mg daily.

Albeit everyone is different but I bet you are on the cusp of developing an addiction that's going to involve withdrawal symptoms. I would say take a long break, like 6+ months then if you decide to come back to it be weary and keep your doses low.
Whats considered a weak dose? At the moment I usually max out at 40mgs a day. Usually break it into 20 mgs twice a day. I'll take a few days break but most of the time when I break its several weeks. Any info is appreciated. I know that I need to realize this wil catch up to me if I don't nip it in the behind.

I was like you I'd binge for a bit on either oxy or hydro then take a break, then binge, the break. But then I was introduced to a guy who had oxy 30s ALWAYS...that is when I ran into real trouble, when they became a text away..,wish I never met that fucking guy.

Dabbling like this will absolutely bite you in the ass, even when u try and take a break, you'll be feeling down or you have a meeting to go to, or you have to mow the lawn, or any little thing becomes a reason that you need one. Then eventually you will need one every morning to get out of bed and make a cup of coffee and carry on with your day...be careful

Dude 15-20 mg hydro really ain't shit you're lucky you have control like that . I'm like that with benzos, I can control my intake but not with opiates. My first dose ever any opiate was 10 mg hydrocodone it was awesome, second dose EVER was 25 mg and than it stayed at 40 mg at once in a dose every time I took them otherwise I felt I wasted them and I still never got withdrawals (although I skipped many days in between sometimes) so you should be fine... I took 270 mg morphine ER the other day after doing .2 blk tar IV and barely kept me from withdrawals for 14 hours that's it ... So imagine how little 20 mg hydrocodone would do to me

Whats considered a weak dose? At the moment I usually max out at 40mgs a day. Usually break it into 20 mgs twice a day. I'll take a few days break but most of the time when I break its several weeks. Any info is appreciated. I know that I need to realize this wil catch up to me if I don't nip it in the behind.

I'm not sure what I'd consider a weak dose, it depends on your tolerance. All I'm saying is don't fall for the illusion that your use will always be easy to control.