• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Norco (BRAND NAME) are they all white or still Yellow?

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
simple question: did the yellow dye get removed from the
brand name too? they did to the watsons and the white
generic watsons are terrible compared to yellow watsons.

Just wondeing if Brand NAME followed suit and removed
yellow dye and now they are all white? Or is yellow Brand Name Norco still common? Countless people SWEAR more
than just the yellow dye was changed, and many pharmacist
have said the same.

You know, I thought the same thing! When I've gotten the white generics, I thought they were substantially less potent than the yellows. I'm on a stable dose for PM and do CWE for at leas one daily dose. and the white Watsons feel weaker.

That's your opinion, Johnson, not a fact.

Activas bought out Watson for BILLIONS. Then they made changes, and even the cost went down and pharmacies get new cheaper suppliers.... Generic companies have been caught putting concrete as a filler! New's articles have said there is an average of 3.5% less active ingridents for generics. If you simply do your research you can find this out. By adding cheap fillers it CAN affect absorption of the active ingredient in some people. Not to mention it does not have to be 100% the same active ingrident just "bio equivalent" which means it can be a few percent off. That can be a lot and felt by people who take it daily. Just like food can claim 100% beef when it's actually not. Guess who monitors both food and medicine? Many people believe generics must be 100% the same by law, but that's not the case at all. They need to be close, but not exact.

The best Example:
Do you also believe that the OP's are
also exactly the same as the OC's? After all they claim they just made it harder to abuse, right? That's what they claim, and that's ALL they claim is different. They claim a 40mg OP is the exact same as an 40mg OC tablet, they just made it "abuse resistance". Do you believe that? Countless people will tell you otherwise that the OC and OP are not the same. Are you honestly going to say they are same?

The same applies for this. They claim only the dye was changed but countless people claim it's not as effective at all. When billions of dollars are exchanged is it hard to believe corners where cut to make more profit? Therefore likely more has changed than just the dye, just like what happened with OC vs OP's.

Last edited:
Pill Id? This has nothing to do with that. Google shows them in both white and yellow. Supposedly some years both the yellow dye was removed from ALL GENERICS, question is did they also do the same to Brand name?

It's a simple question: does brand name Norco still come in YELLOW tablets or are they now all White (as they did to the generics)??

I do not have a Norco in my hand that's not why I'm asking -- I could google it and find the answer in 30 seconds if I wanted. So, no, I'm not asking for a pill ID.

The answer I cannot find is if BRAND NAME NORCO removed all the yellow dye and have changed their Brand Name product to be white only, or if they still make the yellow Norco brand name. I'm sure someone here takes or has taken brand Name Norco and would know.

I again ask because the white tablets have been watered down and the formula changed. I'm trying to find out if Brand Name Norco Had the plug pulled on it, or if it's still being made. Because BRAND NAME NORCO is more expensive than BRAND NAME Vicodin. Which makes no sense at all...
So if Brand name Norco has changed their formula to the white tablets (which are garbage) and they are still charging 10x more for Brand compared to Generic, then it's a scam. If brand name Norco in yellow still exists with the old formula which was superior then that makes more sense. But if they changed to the white tablet formula nationwide and still charge 10x more than generics??? Then the company is full of it.

Honestly the difference is all in your head..... Ever hear of nocebo effect?

They only make white now to answer your question.

And Vicodin is now being priced and promoted as a generic to pharmacies while Norco is not. That is why there is such a discrepency in the cost.

I thought only Qualitest hydro 10s were yellow? Thats the only yellow hydrocodone ive ever seen besides tussienex. Also only seen the white Watsons as 10s too.
Yellow ones are ( V 36 01)

They are. The V tablets (generic) are the only yellow norcos left -- but it USED to be Yellow Watson Norcos that where #1 best generic hands down. The quality at ones are okay but no where near as good as the Watson Yellows or Brand name Norco. As far as Watson they removed the yellow dye and went to Watson 853 white tablet with literally countless complaints all over. Even a couple in this thread have mentioned and noticed it, so it's too wide spread and common to be just a yellow dye removal, especially with billions of dollars of profit to be saved by cutting corners, especially considering it happened around the same time Activas bought out Watson.

So I was wondering if brand name Norco (made by Watson/Activas I believe) also removed the yellow dye, and possibly changed their formula slightly like the Old Watsons did turning into the garbage white 853 tablets, or if brand Norco was left untouched.

And that makes sense for the price difference, didn't think of that, thanks!