• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nootropics (besides phenibut) that help with opiate wd?

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Okay, so does anyone know if the following would help with opiate WD:
- phenylpiracetam: seems like it would increase acetylcholine which would help stop the kick maybe? Cause benadryl makes RLS worse.
- acetyl-L-carnitine: This one I take with alpha-lipoic-acid for energy and it also helps with acetlycholine production a bit, I think. Also been shown to reduce diabetic neuropathy.
- N-acetyl-cystine: Liver detoxifier and has other actions as well that I am not exactly of knowledge about.
- 5-HTP: does this help with opiate WD? I know that it naturally causes an increase in your bodies enzyme that eliminates mono-amines, but a day every now and then shouldn't be terrible.
- NSAIDs & Tylenol: how good are these really at opiate WD?
- ANYTHING ELSE?

I got some tonic water and lopermide today and I have a bunch of kratom, probably took 15grams this morning and it really saved my life- but it such a pain capping ~25 pills for every few hours... Not like shaking in the fetal position pain that characterizes opiate WD - but still a chore.

I use heroin for 11 days straight, the first of the month, and withdrawal literally the whole rest of the month - Ridiculous!

AND don't say tianeptine either - that shit is merely one hour of relief at-a-time for a feeling of toxic-buildup after a few days of heavy dosing. Probably because the metabolites have a 7-12 hour half-life and the combound has a >1-2 hour half life.

Haha, hey man.

I don't know how any of those will work but I can suggest some other stuff on a heroin come down.

First is that you can go get more harry or morph, that'll help but don't do that if you actually want to come down.

I have heard that poppy tea helps. It has opium in it, but if you're just getting the seeds from the supermarket, then it'll help you not feel as fucked up.
Um, a lot of exercise apparently helps.
Lemon and ginger tea is yum. Maybe a few durries, too.

Occupy yourself is the number one though. :) Just find something to do. 11 days isn't long man. Not at all. It'll be over within 2 days or so I reckon. You're lucky you haven't constantly used for months on end... that's when you're fucked.

I took 5-HTP during PAWS a lot and I definitely felt a lift in my mood, but take it on a full stomach because it also can make the nausea worse IME. A lot of exercise and tea (NOT poppy though unless you plan on keeping the habit, but you probably already know that) as mentioned above helped a lot too. Look into herbal supplements too, valerian and kava both helped to some degree, at least at first. NSAIDS didn't really do shit for me except help a tiny bit with the pain/headaches. Low doses of lope (I'm talking 8-16mg) can really help take the edge off if you have somewhere to be, but it's not a good taper drug at all in my experience, it's just good for when you have to go to work during acute WD. It sucks though, I always hated the way it felt, but it does temporarily alleviate things like sweating (nothing else really works for that sadly) and nausea so you can at least appear presentable, if need be. I also hated tianeptine though and it was at least better than that. Weed, if you can get some, will make you feel a lot better. I don't think I could've CT'd without having some good bud at all times. I'm not really familiar enough with other nootropics but hopefully this helps a bit, because I'm very familiar with WD.

edit: whoops I somehow missed that you're already using lope. Valerian also has some muscle relaxant effects, so maybe it'll help a little with the RLS? I don't remember anything helping much with that though, besides rx/scheduled drugs :/

A regimen of nootropics -- sulbutiamine, aniracetam, l-tyrosine, noopept, and alpha gpc -- was useful when I got off opiates. I did occasionally take Phenibut and l-theanine, but the stack helped me rebuild my pleasure centers and get me going at times I needed to get going.

However, those were/are useful up to a point. You will still require something else (or a group of somethings) to alleviate those withdrawal symptoms related to body heat and general sickness. A nootropic stack would be good for instilling motivation to get back into the day-to-day minutiae of everyday life, but everything else, maybe not much so.

Honestly, I started with the nootropics after the initial withdrawal period. It helped me very much with PAWS, but during those first few days I used DXM to get me through the hump. DXM was VERY useful for me, but I know most people don't feel like it's something they should use.