L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Nonverbal communication

szuko000

Bluelight Crew
This is kind of a weird topic because i am not referring to nonverbal communication as in body language but more like "happy humming" or "cooing" as it were when you an your SO are really happy. My girl and I have developed a small number of slight noises or gestures to convey being happy in each others company which i think kinda started with me because i am more "cutesy" as it were. So i am more prone to do an exaggerated smile when she makes me happy or hum and i think it kinda caught on to the point where we both kinda do it when we see each other after a while and or happy or if we start cuddling and stuff. Also its worth mentioning that the hum is a single may 2 second higher pitch humming so its not like something that is extended or loud or anything.

Its funny because one night my younger brother pointed it out and we though "oh man if he noticed we do that everyone must notice we do" and to be honest like i said i am not even sure how it started to happen but i often make noises to reflect my mood so i think it just became something we do to say "i am happy to be with you and i am so happy that i cant help but vocalize it as a noise"

I was just wondering if anyone else almost developed their own way of interacting with their partner. I know ours cant be that weird i mean cats purr when they are happy right? :)

man, me and my girl we do the exact same thing you described. i never paid attention to it before though. it feels really natural to me actually. language came after the humans, after all... language is weird as hell if you think about it

I was just wondering if anyone else almost developed their own way of interacting with their partner. I know ours cant be that weird i mean cats purr when they are happy right? :)

Well, me and my SO purr too :p actually, we do all kind of noises, and a lot of them have their place in a conversation. Some of them are more like the ones you described, along the lines 'I am very happy now and I love you'. I have also had girlfriends that disliked me meowing or purring or the suchlike, though, so with them I never had this kind of communication

No! This is 100% normal! I've been doing this forever. People that get really close to me (and non-people) learn me fast! :D Its nice!
(Mostly I do this, and influence those around me to do the same.)