Nokaine 'comedown'?

Anon123hi

Greenlighter
Hello

So I swallowed 1/2 of a cap of this drug called 'nokaine' on the label or nocaine. It was reddish brown in colour and had a wet sand like consistency. I didn't buy it but know it came from China/internet. So yeah, very dubious indeed.

I also know it is considerably old (it's been in a sealed container all along with 30 other of these caps or so). I would say over 5 years old.

When I took it I was out drinking and I had about 6 pints of beer...

It's been 3 days now and I feel like I can still feel it's effects/on a comedown. I've taken many drugs in the past and don't remember ever feeling like this... I don't feel so much as bad, but my head hurts on and off, I feel scatty and occasionally a bit sick. My brain doesn't feel the same. I'm worried I've done permanent damage and I could feel this way forever.

I do have other issues and stresses at this time, so I'm not sure how much of what I'm feeling is down to that or this drug.

Please help a very self destructive and regretful guy!!! I thank you all in advance for reading.

I'm not too sure what substance you took and have never hear of nokaine. I think it important to just give yourself time to recover and keep reminding yourself that you will feel better even if it doesn't feel like it straight away! Make sure to eat nutritiously, drink water and get plenty of rest. Like you said you have other factors that are an issue so it could be a combination of things but it sounds like you might be a bit run down. But if you are finding that things are getting too much for you in terms your of mental health then reach out for help... you don't need to suffer in silence!

Thanks very much for your concerned reply, really appreciate it.

I believe what I took is:

(+)-CPCA is a stimulant drug similar in structure to pethidine and to RTI-31, but nocaine is lacking the two-carbon bridge of RTI-31's tropane skeleton This compound was first developed as a substitute agent for cocaine. Wikipedia

But obviously I can't know for sure. Is it worth me trying to run tests using reagents kit? I guess it's pointless as it's already in my system and I won't do it again.

Also could this drugs side effects be hightened if it's 'past it's sell-by-date' so to speak? The worrying thing is that it's pretty well unknown, so I can't find out much information.

I doubt you have done any permanent damage but I think it is worth sitting with this awareness (the self-destruction component) for a bit. Putting dodgy chemicals in one's body is bound to come with dangers--what makes you want to do that? I feel like many of us in the modern world long for more adrenaline provoking experiences, we long for a way out of boredom or meaninglessness. Drugs are one way but there are so many other ways that go unexplored once you opt for that easy (not really) route.

That was really insightful herbavore thank you so very much, that really resonates with me.

However, I am feeling a bit better each day but still my brain feels different and it's been 5 days now... I'm trying not to worry as this could make it worse?

I wonder if anyone has an experience of a long lasting 'comedown' like this and if it went away..

Also if anyone knows about this drug and what happens to it after 5 years..

we can't identify random substances for you, especially something as completely out of left field as this branded "legal high" blend.
very few of these dodgy mixes of research chemicals (with or without inactive additives or cocktails of substances) had their ingredients reliably verified when they were prevalent in the market place (as you say, ~5ish years ago when a lot of developed western nations still had the sort of legal loopholes that allowed these shady things to be sold legally or semi-legally) - and even then, many of these branded "legal highs" would change their ingredients (but not the name/package etc) to keep "one step ahead" of legislators and law enforcement.

even if we did know what you'd taken - and there's noway we possibly could, at this stage - the advice would be the same: you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and plenty of hydration and rest in order to recover.

eat a balanced diet, with plenty of fresh vegetables and leafy greens to ensure adequate intake of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and so on.
sleep is vital for any kind of healing, and it is inadvisable to take any other intoxicating drugs (including alcohol) while you are getting over this.

with time and adequate self care (eating healthy, sleeping well etc) i have no doubt you will feel back to your old self before too long.