• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nodding off... - question for the purpose of harm reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mananas

Bluelighter
The question is simple: when is nodding off too much and how to know this?

I have at the moment some, even for the high quality I'm used to (lab tested, I'm from Amsterdam where lab testing for any drug is provided and in our culture standard to do so: to get your drugs lab tested), supreme quality, practically uncut (only 4% Paracetamol, that's it) #4 Heroin, and even with my tolerance (daily user of Oxynorm, which is Oxycodone Instant for sublingual use, making it kick in faster ergo stronger than other Oxy' Instant and is in fact 2.5 x stronger than Morphine) made me - from just one line of 100 mg. (snorted) - nod off in a way I could not keep my eyes open and I know this is a dangerous combination but I have ready a fat line of 100 mg. Cocaine (which is usually unique quality, also tested only a 4% cut of Cinamoyl, which is harmless and not active) chopped and ready to go for in case the Heroin makes me so gone I definitely will pass out from it almost instantly, yet, even after having snorted the Cocaine I still passed out for like 18 hrs....

I often, in retrospect (because at that point I'm so euphoric that I don't care one bit about life or dead and so on...), am afraid that nodding in such a way is dangerous: is this correct or is nodding like that normal?

And how to spot an OD?

Last edited:
Mananas, I understand that you have access to high quality drugs. I don't mean to patronize you in any way, but I feel that by taking the time to tell everyone that your drugs are pure might actually backfire on you, in that they are now going to want to ask questions about your drugs. How about, in the future, just say Heroin or Cocaine. Being succinct and concise will help you get better answers.

Unfortunately, this is yet another thread that lacks any possibility of an answer. It's not really fair to the community man, because we care about each other and by starting a thread that basically asks if you're dying or not, we are going to try to help you. Do you think it's a reasonable to just ask if you're going to die or not? We can't tell you that. All we can say is what you already know.

It's possible that you will die. It is possible that you will be fine. That is all.

Nodding off: when is it enough, too much and how to know this?

Hello,

At the moment I started my day with 3 drugs:

a) Uppers: 1) Average quality Crystal Meth, 2) very high quality Cocaine.
b) Downers: 1) #4 Heroin not very high quality, but high quality, above average.

I started with, for the quality of this Coke, a huge line of Coke 100 mg. When I was peaking a few minutes I snorted 100 mg. Heroin.

Effect: from major euphoria and amazing rush of energy boost to even more euphoria, especially in the body, a relaxed feeling taking away the intense energy rush replacing it with a nice high and slight nodding off - well, not nodding off actually, but definitely almost.

Some minutes later I smoked only a few tokes Crystal Meth, giving an even more intense euphoria and making me rush with an energy boost again.

Some minutes later snorted a for this quality H huge line of 150 mg figuring I would need such an amount because smoking Crystal Meth is so fucking potent.

Now I'm very euphoric and very high, but I never know: when does nodding off becomes a sign of having done too much Heroin? (not nodding off at the moment, but almost, but it would benefit me to know something more of the limits of nodding off); just the other day I snorted a line of Heroin and could not keep my eyes open anymore, had a chopped line of Coke ready to go as I would not have been able to chop up one at that point, yet, snorted it, but still passed out and slept the rest of the day and night.

My only addictions are Cocaine and Oxynorm (Oxycodone instant for sublingual use), Crystal Meth I only do now and then because I like the euphoria and instant long lasting rush from smoking it but dislike the too much speedy feeling and it feels not natural to me like Coke does, so just to have a change now and then, #4 Heroin I use regularly, but tho I would like to use it daily like Coke too I fear the physical addiction too much, that's why I keep that use in check, making me not know the limits and signs of when it's time to stop re-dosing Heroin very well.

Any tips or anything?

Thx.

There is no way to know if you're going to overdose man. That is just not possible. It would be hard to know if we were sitting with you. You are absolutely playing with fire by using Opioids with powerful stimulants. It is extremely dangerous. You are using two different substances. One stimulates your nervous system and one depresses it. It is too difficult for people to accurately dose like this. Many people die this way. They overshoot the Opioid.

So, as I said, there is just no way to know. If you're by yourself you're not going to be able to save yourself from overdose. If it was normal to just snap out of it and gain immediate perspective on the situation, people wouldn't die so frequently. There is no way to know. If you use too much, you will simple close your eyes and die.

Yes, I know the combo is dangerous, however, I only snort (and plug, if so it's usually the Coke, only when not on Crystal Meth I might plug Heroin or a Snowball) and smoke (the Crystal Meth); I don't shoot up, what would make it even more dangerous.

BUT even if NOT IN COMBINATION with something else, is nodding off like having to do a really big EFFORT TO NOT JUST KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSE??AND GO TO SLEEP the normal way people are high on Heroin or does this mean the dose was already (even if at least just a little bit) TOO MUCH???

Kind regards!

Last edited:
Again, there is no way to tell man. Sorry, I'm going to close this. You might overdose and you might not. There is no way for us to know. There's really a small chance that even you would know through self-evaluation and that is saying a lot.

Maybe I'm just trying to give too many details in what I say making the question not clear enough as I feel that there should be tips and tricks of how to spot a too strong dose of Opiates/Opioids or to spot signs of what might turn out to be an OD.

That's actually all I'm asking.

Some things I know, for example: if around my fingernails or my lips turn blue, I'm having a lack of oxygen and probably an OD and better call an ambulance right away if you notice this. This is a scientific fact and obvious sign of an OD or upcoming one. (it might also indicate heart problems)

I'm looking for more signs, tips and tricks like this one, to spot an OD or upcoming one or just trying to know that you display signs of a too large dose that does not per se mean an OD but could possibly be dangerous, so also take the sure road in that case and seek medical attention.

Just simple facts, signs, tips and tricks. That's all. Is this more clear and do you now perhaps see why I think many people know many more of these tell tale signs of 'too much'?

Grtz!

Or in general: if you guys are nodding off, do you also have to make a huge effort to keep your eyes open and stay awake, or if that's the case, as mostly with me, is this already a sign or multiple signs of a too strong (if even only slightly) dose?

As soon as you are unconscious, thats when you know you've taken too much. If you want want to use safely, use with somebody else and have narcan nearby.

From what I understand, nodding is actually a mild OD. Of course, most people nod on heroin, so I wouldn?t say it?s ?dangerous?, at least not anymore so than heroin is innately dangerous. Nodding out is not the same as losing consciousness. If you continue to ?come to? while nodding out, don?t bust out the Narcan or anything, you?re just pleasantly high. If you nod out and stop breathing, or nod out and wake up hours later with no memory of the interim, the. that is an overdose in the classic sense of the word.

I always nodded hard when I was using, and I?m sure most people do. You don?t really get warning signs before an overdose happens. Every fatal overdose starts with an innocent nod. There really isn?t a way to predict an OD before it happens, unfortunately.

Being a friendless junkie, I always used alone. If this is also you, take classic harm reduction steps. Keep Narcan on hand and tell anyone who knows you?re using where it is. Unlock your door before you push off (if you?re pushing off at home), or get high in a public place (e.g. shoot up in a public bathroom and then nod somewhere were people can see you). It?s awkward, but those same people judging and mocking you will probably call 9-1-1 if you lose consciousness. Do a small test dose with every new bag. Ideally, snort a match head line, but if you?re too impatient for that, at least take a minishot first. Taste and smell your dope before you put it in your body. Inject slowly. If it?s nightime, don?t go to sleep until you have stopped nodding. When you do go to sleep, lay on your side with a pillow behind your back to prevent you from rolling over in your sleep. This will make you less likely to aspirate if you vomit. Watch Breaking Bad if you don?t believe me. Do not mix dope with subs or methadone, if you can help it. I know someone who died trying to overpower his subs with heroin.

If you are dopesick, ESPECIALLY if it?s been more than two days since your last dose, your tolerance has most likely dropped to zero. DO NOT shoot your ?usual? amount. Act as though you are trying heroin for the first time again and inch your way up slowly. Tolerance plummets after two days (It?ll shoot up again fast after a day or so of using again, but it starts at zero.) and apparently getting high while dopesick or after detoxing carries the absolute highest risk of ODing. The lady who gave me my Narcan last year told me this. I was starting to get dopesick when I met with her, and I scored the next night. If she hadn?t told me this, I would most likely have died. This is one of the most important harm reduction techniques. Do not use your normal amount of h while dopesick or post detox.

You can?t eliminate the risk of an OD, but you can lessen the risk of dying from one!

Please be safe, my friend!

I don't even shoot up, I however have a steady source high quality #4 Heroin, Fentanyl-free! However, had some OD's from just snorting, both from snorting just the Heroin as well as after snorting both coke and heroin...

or plugging or both...

Also after either one of both often passed out so many times already, last time even sleeping the entire day and next night without someone able to wake me up...

I don't have this with smoking #3 Heroin at all, even tho that's high quality too, however, 3 is never even close as potent as 4 is, by definition... And snorting is by nature a way more easy way to OD than with smoking, since with smoking you feel almost instantly when you had enough, when you snort you in a way just gamble with the dose: if you snorted too much and the effects are setting in and you feel "okay, this is already enough" but the effects are only in their onset, there is no way of stopping the still becoming stronger and stronger effects like you could at that point with smoking say "okay, I stop smoking" and the effects will not get any stronger from that point on...

And so much depends on how well you slept the night(s) before, how well you've eaten, how strong your immune system overall is at that point, how much you used lately also plays an important role, and so on... Or even any drug can at any given time 'just like that' "fall good" or "fall bad", sometimes half of what you're used too can suddenly kick your ass from here to the moon and back...

It's rolling the dice, even more so if in combination with powerful stims such as Cocaine or/(and: once you binged a while on smoking crystal meth and tolerance developed snorting and plugging coke on meth can give way to a nice stim combo, making plugging a combo oxy and H4 an even bigger gamble, but if you don't go bad, it's all heaven.

With passing out, I don't even really mind, you don't even know it happens and I don't feel fucked over trashed up when coming by again, definitely not from the H or the passing out, I just don't know how to feel about possible dead yet, which is also without shooting up very possible... Definitely in these combo's...

I also use alone, don't have any Narcan tho, and once I snorted and feel like I'm going to pass out, I would not be able to administer Narcan anyway, and I have nobody in my life, and I rather OD and use in the comfort of my own home than somewhere in public... How can you even enjoy your coke, heroin or meth or all three if you would feel like you would HAVE to use like that and therefore do so???? fucked up!

Last edited:
Shit. I thought I closed this. Sorry guys. Again, there is no way to tell. That is the end of this story. If we try to tell people that they can save themselves from overdosing, we will be responsible for a lot of corpses and I don't want that for any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.