L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

no sec drive and opiates

ajcook

Greenlighter
Anyone else out there dealing with zero sex drive since they have been on opiates/poppy seed tea?

Yeah bro it's a common side effect. Opiates are so effective at numbing one's senses, they also numb positive sensations such as sexual arousal. I look at it like a sort-of pro/con weigh up....

I take methadone and it keeps me away from expensive street-brought morphine, it keeps me calm and generally makes me function a lot better in almost all facets of life.

The downside, of course, is a repressed sex-drive. But when I'm anxious, broke and running around the streets looking for a hit, sex is the last thing on my mind.

So I dunno...I guess you have to ask yourself what's more important to you....

Of course, there are substances which will temporarily lift one's libido...like stimulants. However, I DO NOT RECOMMEND INTRODUCING A NEW DRUG INTO YOUR LIFE SIMPLY FOR SEX. That's a bit of a disclaimer there.....

peace :)

Thanks, I'm actually a female. The opiates have taken my estrogen level down to basically zero, I have no period and its all fucked up. Obviously I need to get off the shit, I want to more than you can know but its hard. I'm working on tapering down and then probably going to high doses of ammonium to deal with the last of withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks, I'm actually a female. The opiates have taken my estrogen level down to basically zero, I have no period and its all fucked up. Obviously I need to get off the shit, I want to more than you can know but its hard. I'm working on tapering down and then probably going to high doses of ammonium to deal with the last of withdrawal symptoms.
"ammonium" ... What relief does that give you?

Vagine Lover, sorry, I meant immodium, spell check keeps replacing that word.

Be careful with loperamide (Immodium). Higher doses can be dangerous and even lethal. I would not exceed 10 mg per day, to be safe. I don't think poppy tea withdrawal is so bad that you need to use a lot of loperamide.

This is interesting, as I'm on bupe and my periods are none existent for the past three months! I was just about to do a thread about it!

Using opiates did wreak havoc for my periods and I did pregnancy checks just to be safe although I knew I hadn't had sex for a while (unless during benzo black outs of course) :)