Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Bourdain is great; I not only dig his dry wit, but love the way he can walk into any restaurant or kiosk in the world and look like he owns the place.

I love Tony. I read Kitchen Confidential and it was awesome. I'm reading "Medium Raw" right now. It's good, but not great.

His Cuba show was amazing. I find the country fascinating. I have been wanting to visit for many years...and being in the state of Florida and so *geographically* close...

Anyway, the show was done perfectly, IMHO. He glazed over the super political stuff and rightly asked the citizens of Cuba what they thought the future might bring. It's a country where it seems time has stood still...

A great place to visit, but I doubt I would ever want to live there. :)

He is a fat asshole and outed my favorite bar in the world in his "top ten bars list"

Nope, it was him. He is a prick. I read no reservations and it was terrible. whoever the ghostwriter was was a count an a half to say the least.

well it's a dank, dark shithole with no lighting where I have a permanently open tab and if you get shot there you get free drinks for life (seriously) and now it is full of foodies who just want the "experiences" that was once my life. Oh, it holds 25 people. maybe.

so you're upset that other people now get to enjoy something you wanted to keep to yourself. perhaps the owners are grateful for the new business?

alasdair

I love how artistic most of the shots are set up.
The scenes speak alot n do well to the area which is being filmed.
It also adds more to the depth with the ppl he encounters, what they say n how they say it reveals alot about a person or culture.
Great show.

I love the show, and I personally love Anthony Bourdain. I get a lot more out of his show than I do other travel shows, and he's actually a pretty talented writer - Kitchen Confidential was a damn good read. His show is a favorite of mine - I love traveling, and some episodes have added a lot of places to my "must visit" list. But I can't watch No Reservations when I'm hungry, 'cause then I just get bitter >.<