• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids No Insurance trying to get Lyrica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
What the title says

Trying to get Lyrica asap, only thing that's helped me with my back pain to some degree, last time I went to the doctor they were OK to fill out another prescription for it but my insurance is MIA... I can't pay cash for it (around $300 for a month) so I was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper way of getting Lyrica quickly in the Salt Lake Utah location? If you could pm me or reply here, looking for some help. Back pain is pretty bad at work, I can't keep missing work days

Is there still only the brand name product available? I remember it started out at something like $736 for a month's worth in the US, but there was a somewhat helpful manufacturer's discount on it . . . the goodrx site has it listed at $235 for a months' worth

Is there still only the brand name product available? I remember it started out at something like $736 for a month's worth in the US, but there was a somewhat helpful manufacturer's discount on it . . . the goodrx site has it listed at $235 for a months' worth
Once again, that's a lot of money to pay out of pocket. I need something like... Today. Feeling pretty bad and in pain right now, leaving work early and I need to be functional for the next week or so until I can sort out the medical stuff

Once again, that's a lot of money to pay out of pocket. I need something like... Today. Feeling pretty bad and in pain right now, leaving work early and I need to be functional for the next week or so until I can sort out the medical stuff

It is curious that it costs so much -- it is not like it is this really complex molecule and some really scarce, cutting-edge biologic made by cloning or like they make it out of stem cells from the eggs of a rare kind of penguin that the manufacturer's people have to climb up on a high cliff in Antarctica to find . . . Lyrica has been on the market for something like 15 years is it? Isn't that a trifle long for no generic to be available yet? The other two gabapentinoids have been around longer and have generics, in fact the muscle relaxant and analgesic baclofen (Lioresal) had a list price of $3.50 for a month's worth with a 25 cent co-pay in my case when they tried it for my injured back.

What the title says

Trying to get Lyrica asap, only thing that's helped me with my back pain to some degree, last time I went to the doctor they were OK to fill out another prescription for it but my insurance is MIA... I can't pay cash for it (around $300 for a month) so I was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper way of getting Lyrica quickly in the Salt Lake Utah location? If you could pm me or reply here, looking for some help. Back pain is pretty bad at work, I can't keep missing work days
Ill be 100% honest with you, my debilitating condition is severe scoliosis which causes me back/spinal pain through the roof, and pregabalin added on to my heavy opiates but, tolerance rises VERY quickly, so much so that this month alone ive taken 250 pregabalin 100mg's and somwhere around 100 gabapentins ( pregabalin is muuuuuch better dont ever settle for pentin) and along with tolerance to these lil devils is the need to raise the dose, if i decide to take pregabs ( i take some daily but other days way more than my alotted amount as a friend also gives me their prescription of it for free) is they cause well for me its desirable but to others maybe not, some potential major side effects especially beyond the 1500mg mark so take them when you absolutely have to when you finally aquire em' and dont take them for granted aswell as try not to recreationally use them, because even with my pain, from a high dose i get some decent relief not for too long but 30min-1 hour of pain relief is 1000000 times better than no relief.

The gabapentinoids when mixed with narcotics do things like subtract out the burning and/or lightning-like elements of pain for a lot of people, with pregabalin especially being good for diabetic neuropathy for quite a few people. Since I had a bad reaction to gabapentin, the doctors tried clonidine and topiramate for the same purpose and they do work, as do ketamine and orphenadrine. In fact, orphenadrine plus hydroxyzine plus tripelennamine with clonidine for breakthrough burning pain has been a better gabapentin than gabapentin in the case of the back pain of various types.. Not so much the other effects, although I do get a lot of euphoria from the orphenadrine.

Sorry but we can't give you advice on how to obtain drugs, legal or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.