• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants No effect from smoking/railing meth....??

DankLoverLady100

Greenlighter
Hey everyone!! Although I've been reading Bluelight posts in the forums for quite some time, this is officially my first post.... So please bare with me if I do something wrong & let me know so I don't continue the same mistake(s).

A brief history, I am a long term pain management patient & have tried the majority of Opiates for my pain. I've been through major back surgery & have been on daily pain management for over 4 years now. I am currently on Oxycontin & Oxy IR's daily. I have a huge tolerance to the Oxy & I always run out of it early because I take way too much. So, the rest of the month, I take Methadone 10mg tablets to steer me free from withdraws, until I get my Oxy's again. I am taking only 2-10 mg Methadone tablets in the morning & 2 in the afternoon or at night...

So, here's my question, I have been curious about crystal meth (Ice) & recently tried smoking it & railing it. I have not felt any kind of "rush" or high from it at all. Before u tell me I am probably getting crappy gear, I'll let u know that I'm positive that I'm not. A friend of mine is a daily addict & has been for over 4 years, & smokes a ton of the stuff. He is also very familiar with quality & how to tell what it's cut with, etc...

We both smoked together & he gets higher than the sky off the shit we smoked. Me, on the other hand, nothing really. I was not tired like once maybe, but evey other time, I felt tired within 30 minutes & hungry!!! I'm just wondering how this shit has me feeling the opposite of what it's suppose to do??

I'm wondering if the methadone I'm taking may be blocking the effects from the Ice? I know that methadone can block effects of other opiates, but meth?? Doesn't seem logical to me.. Is that even possible? Or could it be because I have a huge tolerance to Opiates, that I'm not feeling it at all? I know ice/meth & opiates are completely different, but I can't figure out why the hell I'm not feeling the effects from the meth???!!

I am not interested in slamming/IV'ing it, & have already tried railing, hot railing & smoking.....

Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is?
I'm hoping I dont get a response saying that "Meth just isn't your drug". Because I'll be seriously disappointed, I wanted to be able to feel the shit, not really caring about staying awake for days, but want to feel the "rush" of what this drug can produce...

I have read other posts saying something similar, but the difference is the Methadone & Oxy that I take. So I figured I would post to see if anyone had a clue?? I also tried to stop taking the methadone for about 3 days, but the withdraws & pain were so terrible, I gave in & started taking it again. While I was off it, I didn't even notice a difference in the effect from the ice either. Should I just give up on the meth & try something else? Maybe Opiates r more my drug, but I'm over nodding off & always sleeping when I could be doing something more constructive..

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance to everyone who replies, helpful or not, I appreciate the time!!!

Does anyone have any clues about this & why it is not getting me high?

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

In the future it might be helpful if you keep the text size for long posts down a bit smaller, large text is annoyingly similar to capslock.

As far as the meth goes, If it's giving you the opposite effect it should than my own guess is that it's either not meth, or you have severe ADD.

I used to get high as hell on stims. Now that I'm on Methadone, they seem to do fuck all. My guess is that is the issue.

^^ It could be the sedating effects from the methadone overpowering the stimulating effects from the amps, but the methadone wouldn't 'block' the amps.

Awww man.... I'm seriously bummed if it is only the measly 20mg of Methadone I take that is effecting the way the Ice "should" be working!!! I can guarantee that it is Crustal Methamphetamine, 100% not a question or doubt about it....I have quite a few friends who are long time users & I've smoked with all of them. They all got high, I didn't :-(

Ok, so new question that is related... Does anyone know if, when I switch back to taking my regular 210mg of Oxycontin every 3-4 hours, will I most likely experience the same "no" effects from the Ice as well? I pretty sure that Methadone is way stronger than Oxycontin, but not so sure if it absorbs in your system the same way, & if it affects your brain in the same ways as Methadone?? Anyone have a clue about this? I've been smoking pretty good amounts of Ice, & I really don't want to be all wacked out because I am thinking it will be the same as when I am taking the Methadone, & after I take a few hits I get totally twisted!! That wouldn't be good at all!! Lol. (I know, I will start out with a very small amount & work my way up, as you can always add more, but never take it away once it's done).

I have seen a guy who rails Ice & then rails a 30mg Ir as well. He says it balances him out so he's not so spun off the Ice... So, that gives me hope that I will experience some sort of high from the Ice, once I am back on the Oxy's.

I guess time will tell. I'm picking up my rx for all the Oxy's tomorrow, so I'm sure it'll take a few days for the Methadone to be out of my system completely, & then I'll give it a go once more.

I have no idea why I'm so "desperate" to feel the effects from the Ice, since it's an ultra addictive drug & is known for tearing peoples lives apart!! I guess I feel like I'm missing out on something & would love to feel what it's suppose to do to me, even if just once or twice. Maybe I'll just have to stick to smoking & vaping the good 'ol Mary Jane Buds!!!!

Thank you to everyone who replied already, all 3 of you!! Hahahaahaa, & thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this rambling post & also to those who respond with some good advice, knowledge, useful info., or personal experiences. I thank you all!!

~DankLover!!!

By the way, I'm so very sorry about the large font size on the original
message. I see what hour saying about it being annoying, I annoyed myself!! Lol. I appreciate the tip!!!

~DankLover!!!!

Hi ! I know this reply is a few years late, but I was curious the same question as you, I'm on methadone liquid -120mg (it's a higher amount than the typical patient receives at a clinic for drug treatment. I love my speed/ice/crystal....but it seems since I been on "M" I can't seem to get spun like I did before. I was wondering if it was the quality of the ice, it's not always the greatest shit. But it SHOULD keep this girl up all night tweakin pretty good on 20-40$$ worth. But I'm just not getting it. I smoke snort and slam. He slam should of kicked my butt, it DIDNT, I hope that u were able to get spun like u we're looking to be. I don't particularly believe that the done halts/blocks the ice. But I do think that it makes it harder for us to feel the total impact of the meth. Did u ever try it without doing any opiates at all for at least 4/5 days. Then do ice...that's the best test I'd imagine, to see if it ruins it. Back in the day I'd slam some heroin or dilaudid together, BECAUSE the opiate took the spun the fuck out-edge off the hit of speed. (It's called a "speedball" , hope any of this helped at all. It helped me realize that YES, the damn opiates we know and adore, ARE ruining our possible LOVE AFFAIR with the ol git, Speed demoness herself! I hope you finally did experience her Rainbow of love! Have a great one!!!

When I used to take methadone(pills) I would sometimes do some ICE for some reason. The Ice did get me high and keep me awake, but the rush from smoking was not as intense due to the sedative effects of the methadone. But, I still got wired or tweaked on the ice, just seemed more subtle and laid back compared to smoking it with no opiates in my system. Of course someone who injects ice would still get spun out despite the methadone. Basically when on methadone, you get less wired from ice it seems like, but it depends on the purity and quantity of ice you do as with any drug. I think mixing methadone and ice or any stimulant together is not a good idea, since the drugs are working against each other more or less.

Smoking is very shitty. Snort or IV. Oral use works too. Better yet, don't use it!

I say it's definitely the opiates.

Same thing happens to me.
Before I got addicted to opiates, Meth / aamphetamins would twack me the fuck out.
Now all they do is produce mild euphoria, get me horny as Shit, and keep me awake.