View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous/whippet issue

Blulite12

Greenlighter
The last and only other time I inhaled whippets was 5 months ago and I did 18 back to back, while remembering to take in a breath of fresh air with each inhale (30%-50% air). I had 2 bulbs left over and did one last month, the second one today, and both times something weird happened. My right ear felt as if I had a little bit of water in it but I just can't quite pop it, like when your ear feels weird but you hold your nose and blow and its fine, that kind of feeling. It throbbed and hurt very slightly and was pretty uncomfortable. Both times it went away after 1 or 2 hours. This time though my chest started to hurt a little bit for 30 min after even though I took in 50% air and held in for 20 seconds. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong? I wanted to use more in the summer and I have read that it's supposed to be a relatively safe drug so I don't know what could be wrong when I have used so little.

Did you use a balloon to inhale from or did you go straight from the dispenser? (No shame I've done it tons haha)

I used a balloon and only took one breath and waited until the high faded but didn't finish it when I noticed my ear was fucked, I was trying to make one whippet last lol. I got a small cyst next to my right ear for some reason which was there for the past month, could it be because of that? It still wouldn't explain why my chest felt funny though.

I've recently got a job and wanted to buy a dispenser before it happened so im just concerned if I keep going if there could be any permanent damage. Is there a difference between using a balloon or dispenser? I wasn't planning on using balloons when I got mine.

Last edited:
Op.

Probably psychosomatic or whatever the correct word is. Damage from NO2 is from prolonged oxygen depravation, or prolonged vitamin B12 defecits that occur overtime because nitrous interferes with vitamin b12 production/regeneration/usage for up to 3 days, or rather a cumilitve effect.

Nitrous hurts sort.of when u first huff it out of dispensers until u get used to it. Like pot or ciggarettes.

I used to get like dark rings around my eyes so I was worried I had killed veins or something, buuutttttt, who knows. Wasn't using air.

I've recently got a job and wanted to buy a dispenser before it happened so im just concerned if I keep going if there could be any permanent damage. Is there a difference between using a balloon or dispenser? I wasn't planning on using balloons when I got mine.

well generally a dispenser is still used to fill balloons but if all your balloons pop some people do just expel the gas into their lungs.
It is nowhere near as cold as from a cracker because the gas has a chamber from which to expand in to before you release it, and if you release the gas slowly you can do it without it being cold enough to cause damage.
I would NEVER recommend it though, it is just something stupid I have done when I had 200 whippets with no balloons at 2am
Also if you can save up money for a dispenser, get it. Worth EVERY penny.
Once you have one you'll wonder how the hell you used a cracker for so long.

I guess ill get a dispenser and give it a go. I was kind of scared when i read a few stories about them exploding though do you know if this happens just from overcharging or something else? I was going to get a 1 liter metal isi dispenser. And how many whippets are safe to use per month, 50,100?

I guess ill get a dispenser and give it a go. I was kind of scared when i read a few stories about them exploding though do you know if this happens just from overcharging or something else? I was going to get a 1 liter metal isi dispenser. And how many whippets are safe to use per month, 50,100?
It's hard to say. People have gotten away with that many daily with proper vitamin b12 supplementation, but the outcome was not pretty for those that didn't.
I've never heard of a dispenser exploding, the head is threaded on with o-rings and seals on all parts and around the valve so I can't see how they would, a small leak would likely be detected first before any major breakage.
Also a 1 liter is good but overkill for whippet use imo. I could always fit 2 in my 0.5 liter dispenser and that was enough for me.
Is recommend mosa brand, they're what I've always used and are high quality

well generally a dispenser is still used to fill balloons but if all your balloons pop some people do just expel the gas into their lungs.
It is nowhere near as cold as from a cracker because the gas has a chamber from which to expand in to before you release it, and if you release the gas slowly you can do it without it being cold enough to cause damage.
I would NEVER recommend it though, it is just something stupid I have done when I had 200 whippets with no balloons at 2am
Also if you can save up money for a dispenser, get it. Worth EVERY penny.
Once you have one you'll wonder how the hell you used a cracker for so long.

Yea word. But are we sure it is dangerous to use the dispenser directly? Does anyone have .02 or a source?

Also @ Blulite12 - People that have nerve damage or longterm problems from nitrous use much greater quantities than that, for years, mixed with other things, without any vitamin supplementation. The numbers that have already been stated are not really healthy, and have consequences, but aren't going to cause things like longterm damage to limbs and movement (I remember reading that somewhere, dunno if it was on here or another site)

You'd be surprised how many people get away with frequent large amounts. But were not talking every day for years.

I've used quite a bit, and any time i've ran into trouble from frequent use, a week or two off was groovy.

A good idea is this: They sell for ambiguous prices and at unlisted locations, sub lingual vitamin b12 in the form of vial droppers. This is very economic and quick to apply when the box is over, or halfway through your chosen amount.

It is silly to assume that using something like nitrous is safe though in any way apart from somewhere licensed to do so. Compared with say LSD, it is a drug. Just as physical as mental.

well, N2O diffuses out of your blood stream and into body cavities, like for instance your middle ear. thus you shouldn't to nitrous when you have otitis media or othwisely blocked ears. in the worse case the pressure could rupture your eardrum.