• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives Nitrous froze finger

anonymouse77

Bluelighter
I got a new cracker yesterday and froze my finger trying to use it the first time. I freaked out and tried to get it unstuck and it pulled some layers. It's only a small part of less than a cm vertically and half a cm across but it freaked me out and I was imagining losing the fingertip and had a panic attack. It hurt and put the shine off using it. It looked like a blister as I pulled it off (so some layers separated) then it went back to normal but hurt a lot. I am hopeful it can repair but it feels weird now touch typing. Just woke up and it's hurting but not unbearable. Will I be okay?

Please don't judge.

I got a new cracker yesterday and froze my finger trying to use it the first time. I freaked out and tried to get it unstuck and it pulled some layers. It's only a small part of less than a cm vertically and half a cm across but it freaked me out and I was imagining losing the fingertip and had a panic attack. It hurt and put the shine off using it. It looked like a blister as I pulled it off (so some layers separated) then it went back to normal but hurt a lot. I am hopeful it can repair but it feels weird now touch typing. Just woke up and it's hurting but not unbearable. Will I be okay?

Please don't judge.
If it's not black anywhere (frostbite) it should be fine.

Yup as ghost said, you’ll be just fine. I do this type of shit to my fingers weekly. I even lopped off part of thumb and most of it grew back. Our fingers are fairly regenerative.

-GC
Thank you for your reply and that's good to know. The power of the body to heal itself is remarkable. I'm glad your thumb grew back. I've also cut myself really deeply to the point it felt like nerve damage (just from cooking) and it's healed. I also think our teeth can heal themselves if we correct what is wrong and a lot of dentistry is a scam but that's another matter.

I feel like I found the meaning of life during a nitrous high. Does anyone else have this happen?

I feel like I found the meaning of life during a nitrous high. Does anyone else have this happen?

Yes, many times. It can help rewire the brain, alter identity and find healthier thinking habits. Just don't overdo it. There is toxicity to be aware of. It's a balance getting that stimulus for change while not taxing the nervous system too much.

I've done some research and i feel fairly confident in suggesting a maximum of sessions of around 300 grams every other month or so, supplementing regularly with vitamin B12 (which gets inactivated by prolonged exposure to N2O). However i also recommend doing your own research.

Last edited:

I found the N20 rush is intense but it's frustratingly brief

Don't bother with crackers, get some whipped cream dispensers - much more user friendly and less risk of freezing your fingers.

And don't overdo it - long term N20 use can cause neurological damage and possibly lung/breathing difficulties

Yes, many times. It can help rewire the brain, alter identity and find healthier thinking habits. Just don't overdo it. There is toxicity to be aware of. It's a balance getting that stimulus for change while not taxing the nervous system too much.

I've done some research and i feel fairly confident in suggesting a maximum of sessions of around 300 grams every other month or so, supplementing regularly with vitamin B12 (which gets inactivated by prolonged exposure to N2O). However i also recommend doing your own research.
Thank you so much. I will keep that in mind. I probably won't but it again as the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the small canisters I get.

That's interesting that it can help rewire the brain. I also enjoyed ketamine the couple of times I found it but I can't get it any more. The only other dissociative I can think of I can get it DXM.

I found the N20 rush is intense but it's frustratingly brief

Don't bother with crackers, get some whipped cream dispensers - much more user friendly and less risk of freezing your fingers.

And don't overdo it - long term N20 use can cause neurological damage and possibly lung/breathing difficulties
Thank you for your reply. Yes the high is too short for sure. Not sure I will bother with it again once these are used up. I will try not to overdo it. Thank you for the good advice.

Put nitrile gloves on or get a dispenser. Take gloves off before hitting the balloon. Iv had it done to me to plenty times. Have to be careful doing it trashed to. I quit messing with em, you need a nitrous/oxygen mixture to do it properly. Chargers are trash imo.

Put nitrile gloves on or get a dispenser. Take gloves off before hitting the balloon. Iv had it done to me to plenty times. Have to be careful doing it trashed to. I quit messing with em, you need a nitrous/oxygen mixture to do it properly. Chargers are trash imo.
Thanks for the tip. I use an old t-shirt now for some insulation. It works well enough and I probably won't get them again so the $10 cracker wasn't a huge outlay.