View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrous effects or oxygen deprivation?

Renald

Bluelighter
I noticed quite a big difference in subjective feelings of nitrous when I breath it maintaining quite normal oxygen level (SpO2>95) and when I am partially deprived of oxygen (SpO2<90). The feeling when deprived of oxygen feels much more intoxicating when I use the nitrous only even in high concentrations. Maybe all the psychedelic effects users write here are not caused by nitrous itself, but from a combination of nitrous and oxygen deprivation.
I have never felt unconscious from nitrous, but have achieved 65 SpO2 for several seconds when used it without hyperventilating. There is a subjective difference between the effect of nitrous and effect of nitrous + oxygen deprivation for me.
Also, maybe CO2 intoxication have its influence when we are breathing the substance and hold our breath for a long time without exhaling? Sometimes I feel absolutely no need to inhale/exhale even after about 2 minutes, and only the fear to lose consciousness forces me to breath again. In normal conditions I am not able to hold my breath for more than 1.30. CO2 is known as psychedelic in high concentrations (in mixture with oxygen, Carbogen).

What do you think about this?

When taken in balloons there is a noticeable difference in effects when the balloon is "huffed" vs inahailed and held in like bong rip.
I have felt for a long time that oxygen deprivation or increase in co2 is the reason.
I've also seen people have micro seazures from balloon huffing. It's dangerous and not recommended.

When taken in balloons there is a noticeable difference in effects when the balloon is "huffed" vs inahailed and held in like bong rip.
I have felt for a long time that oxygen deprivation or increase in co2 is the reason.
I've also seen people have micro seazures from balloon huffing. It's dangerous and not recommended.

What does it mean "huff" a balloon? English is not my native language ...

That's why when doing nitrous in that manner one should make sure to take deep breaths before inhaling more or inhaling from the ballon again!