View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nitrogen [nitrous oxide]

cactus3

Greenlighter
Yesterday my cactus had her first nitrogen experience. She inhaled a full balloon, held my breath between drinking the gas, but all she felt was a little dizzy like when she stands up too quickly.

Is that all nitrogen does?

Yesterday my cactus had her first nitrogen experience. She inhaled a full balloon, held my breath between drinking the gas, but all she felt was a little dizzy like when she stands up too quickly.

Is that all nitrogen does?

Wait, you mean Nitrogen ("N2") or Nitrous Oxide ("N2O")?

Nitrous Oxide (AKA "Laughing Gas", or simply "Nitrous") produces dissociation and euphoria.

Nitrogen, on the other hand, is inert and non-psychoactive. Which is a good thing, because Earth's atmosphere is 78% nitrogen.

If you were really inhaling pure nitrogen it presumably made you dizzy because your brain wasn't getting enough oxygen.

Assuming you're referring to Nitrous Oxide it can have a range of effects on different individuals. If you just inhaled it then held your breath I wouldn't expect much. Usual method is to rebreath it back into a balloon, breathing in and out of the balloon so you're getting a longer & deeper exposure to the N2O. That said there are people who're ust not that sensitive to Nitrous Oxide & who it doesn't seem to affect much.

Assuming you're referring to Nitrous Oxide it can have a range of effects on different individuals. If you just inhaled it then held your breath I wouldn't expect much. Usual method is to rebreath it back into a balloon, breathing in and out of the balloon so you're getting a longer & deeper exposure to the N2O. That said there are people who're ust not that sensitive to Nitrous Oxide & who it doesn't seem to affect much.
I mean laughing gas indeed. The kind dentists use for sedation and to whip cream.

My breath is not strong enough to exhale in the balloon, but I assume a regular plastic bag would work the same? If I release the gas from the balloon in an empty plastic bag first, I mean, and then inhale and exhale in the bag.

N20 usually has significantly stronger effects, but it feels *generally* the same. Also, we don't use swim or anything of the sort here. Wouldn't help in court, and makes posts confusing.

Plastic bags and even balloons are not really 100% airtight, so part of your nitrous would just be lost - seems much harder to recycle when it's not elastic anyway...

If you don't let anything out through your nose you should be able to return the pressure back into the balloon, especially when avoiding inhaling the entire balloon cause blowing up the first bit is the hardest because the change in diameter is the fastest probably... Also make sure you inflate the balloon a couple of times like maybe with a bicycle pump? That way it can get a little warm and flexible.

It's just that I have terrible second hand experience seeing people just waste most of the gas in various ways which unsurprisingly isn't that effective.... just practice and maybe get much bigger balloons - small ones are indeed hard to use like this but huge ones should work fine.

I wouldn't mind something that isn't flexible but you really want that small opening and not the worst air-tightness.

I always do it with a balloon, inhale and exhale back into the balloon, rinse and repeat and it will do it's magic. Don't reuse balloons because the cold will make them break at the base.

Well imo reuse them but not endlessly, i assume that's what you mean?

Well that depends on the balloons, if they are thick you can, but if just bought a cheap pack you risk losing the contents, happened to me few times.

Yea :) moral of the story: get thick and obese balloons for this job